- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: April 2015
WBIA is coming to an end http://radioinsight.com/community/topic/wbai-moving/ They’ve been kicked out of their temporary space in Harlem, relegated to trying to broadcast from office space in Brooklyn with no studio, using just a phone line to their transmitter. Atlantic Avenue … Continue reading
http://zhiphopcleveland.com/4494208/really-spittin-that-country-grammar-nelly-readies-country-ep/ Gay Country and Rap Country – there goes the neighborhood. I should rewrite some classic Country lyrics and bring them up to date. Do you see any downside to randomly sending Friend requests to people on Hip Hop web … Continue reading
Jeff Marcus Crestview Media Parterns is the largest stockholder in Cumulus. He was just named as the Chairman of the Board in a “non-executive” role, and Lew Dickey was given a three year contract extension. The wording of the press … Continue reading
Streaming is changing extremely fast http://www.tritondigital.com/press-releases/triton-digital-releases-march-2015-top-20-ranker In March, 73% of audio streaming is happening on mobile devices, and Pandora, Spotify and Slacker are crushing Terrestrial radio. SiriusXM doesn’t use the Internet (although streaming is available) so their 25 million paying … Continue reading
Fox Business News just found out Don Imus is leaving Cable TV in 30 days. Currently, the show is a simulcast originating from the New York studios of Fox. Presumably, he will continue to do the Cumulus radio show. I … Continue reading
While 99.97% of this web site is about radio, the database does track TV. While the grouping is somewhat arbitrary, this new list gives a really good feel of who owns what on the broadcast media http://streamingradioguide.com/license-count-by-owner.php
The NAB Radio Convention met in Las Vegas a week ago to reassure themselves there is no problem. Jeff Smulyan, the CEO of Emmis Radio was again pushing his campaign to force cell phones to activate the FM tuner inside … Continue reading
[Intro music] If tomorrow all the things were gone I stole for all my life And I had to start again With just my Crack pipe and my knife I thank my lucky lotto card To be living here today … Continue reading
Here is looking at you, kid Located in the Target store parking lot on private property. This shopping center is right across the street from the terminus of the 8 mile long, $540 million Lynx LRV line. One common reason … Continue reading
Available from the main menu.