- Parrott said Hmmmm. I see new Polls only. Oh well. Chairman, they had a show on Coast to Coast ( that I unfortunately missed) on ‘Doppelganger’ . It was the 16th I think. oh well. I could remember &...
- Fred Stiening said Lyndon LaRouche has died, or so they are telling us https://www.apnews.com/f37818ce7354487fa7d0032f032d2e03
- Fred Stiening said The polls have same day registration with no photo id
- TheChairman said Yes Parrott, I can see the polls. Seeing the face of ‘the chosen one’ is getting old. 😉 I’m using Opera. As for call letters, we have a few good ones in AZ: KVOI ‘The VoiceR...
- Fred Stiening said The thing about call signs is especially true on FM, made even worse by FM translators “you are listening to W208EJ, Springfield Vermont” Part of the reason has to do with international ag...
- Fred Stiening said We are both doing fairly well, but I have picked up some new issues with my heart. We both were in afib for a while. I have noticed (and my niece the doctor has confirmed) that I am having missed b...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I can see them, but I don’t have a voter ID. 😉
- Parrott said Yeah , use to be WWRC 570am. They were a good station back in the day, now they are called ‘the question’ or something like that. Really you have to come up with a duh station nam...
- TheChairman said Ah, I wondered why the only post visible on the blog last night was from 2014… figured maybe some system maintenance was being done. Speaking of ‘system health’, how are you and Coun...
- Fred Stiening said As a bonus, I noticed a free upgrade to the server – 32 GB more Solid State Disk, another TB/month outbound traffic and 4x the outbound bit rate
- TheChairman said So, to add to the radio insanity of the day: during Rush’s show this morning, I-Heart started playing a ‘promo’ trailer: “Monster: The Zodiac Killer. Get the app.” We found it...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Salem is an interesting thought. Remember about a year ago, Salem switched to 570 in the DC area. Salem’s WNYM in Hackensack gets very poor coverage in NJ – it also uses a very direction...
- Fred Stiening said WABC’s ratings are a mere shadow of their Zenith having lost Rush and Hannity to WOR-AM. Their rent for the studios must be pretty substantial. Conservative talk in New York was always a challenge...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Assuming they can finish the project for free, and someone pays off all the loans they incurred so far. Their spreadsheet still predicts that all their riders will flock to them to pay 2x the existing...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Let’s see if Bloomberg buys up WABC for its Lodi transmitter and license on 770. WBBR 1130 (formerly WNEW-AM) also transmits from that area but with a directional signal to cover Long Island, l...
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: June 2015
http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2015/14_0395.htm This map describes causes of death that stand out as more common than you would expect compared to national averages. Most of them have a moderately obvious connection. If you live in Alaska, you’re more likely to die flying … Continue reading
You may have read that Hillary had a fundraiser for Jefferson Jackson day, a long standing day for Democrats. The comments plastered by the Drudgetards are beyond pathetic President Andrew Jackson is the Jackson being celebrated. Depending on your world … Continue reading
CISCO warns of back door built into equipment CISCO makes much of the equipment that runs and secures the Internet. Snowden’s leaks already disclosed that the NSA has complete access to CISCO gear, including the ability to install software modifications. … Continue reading
http://www.arrl.org/field-day An important responsibility of the American Radio Relay League is to preserve the spectrum set aside for Amateur radio operators (hams). One way they prove the value of their spectrum is to annually demonstrate that without relying on external … Continue reading
In the 1970s, there was a guy working at the restaurant where I worked who “rode the bull riding circuit”. I’ll never be 10% of the man he was. It was messing up his back, though.
Let the hysterical conspiracy theories begin. I told you before the 2012 election that repealing Obamacare was a lie and impossible to do. Even if Republican win in 2016 and have 60 Senate votes, the roots will be way too … Continue reading
The temporary Boston home of Howie Carr and the station that turned down Rush Limbaugh four times has just been sold. The station was previously owned by Microsoft’s Paul Allen and was bought for around $10 million. Out in California, … Continue reading
“No Person except a natural born Citizen,”… Here we go… As far as I can tell, neither of Bobby Jindal’s parents were US citizens at the time of his birth – he was born 6 months after his parents arrived … Continue reading