- Do you see problems?
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Stale FCC data
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Getting Caught Up
- People on the Internet lie
- Herman Cain has died
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- Recognize my face?
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Fred Stiening said In a convoluted transaction, the former KFMB-AM in San Diego is now KGB-AM Clear...
- Fred Stiening said Some more texture https://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/...
- Fred Stiening said This is resolved now
- TheChairman said We're using Windows 7 and MX Linux here.
- TheChairman said Parrot – I'm here. Fred just mentioned Google was indexing the site a...
- Fred Stiening said Wikipedia seems to have removed the station website links for some reason
- Fred Stiening said It looks like the affiliates of English language China Radio International have...
- Fred Stiening said Not a huge surprise, but many radio stations are officially silent. This is th...
- fhiggins said Jim Bohannon feed works fine.
- Fred Stiening said I need someone to poke around on the web site. I have added a consent front-en...
- Fred Stiening said Clear Channel /iHeart is buying WWRL-AM in New York City to be part of its new B...
- Fred Stiening said 30ish years ago there was another Cafeteria operator called Morrison’s Cafeteria...
- Fred Stiening said I have a sense the Karens might be ready to wage war on the board president and...
- RebelSansClue said Congratulations! Our condo board appears to be made up of Karens. I suspect the...
- RebelSansClue said Sad. Living in New England, I've obviously never hear of them. Sounds like...
Monthly Archives: August 2015
FM translators have become really big business – because the rules are relaxed for non-commercial licensees, it is fairly easy for them to relocate a translator as long as it doesn’t interfere with an existing station. In a major market, … Continue reading
This topic has been gaining momentum and became more visible when George Beasley started complaining about a new Low Power FM station in Tampa that sounds too much like a Commercial radio station, other than the lack of “formal” commercials. … Continue reading
This is one of those oddities of radio syndication, made more interesting by technology. Rush Limbaugh offers “exclusivity” to its affiliates. If your station signs with Rush, nobody in your market is allowed to carry the show – it might … Continue reading
The FCC’s computer systems will be down for almost a week – probably related to implementing the FCC’s move of their systems “to the cloud” in the Robert Byrd Confederate memorial data center in West Virginia. The systems will be … Continue reading
The page to describe a radio station isn’t currently very interesting nor very visible in Google. I’m mostly asking for opinions of people who don’t work in radio and have no idea what HAAT means. So let’s say you arrived … Continue reading
WWAB-AM slipped off the Internet – It’s an AM radio station in Lakeland Florida playing Gospel Music. The owner died earlier this year, but the story takes an unexpected twist. legacy of Richard Hughes Richard Hughes lived to age 87, … Continue reading
It’s been a long journey. They say life is about the journey, not the destination.
If you take the population of a state and spread it equally among the active radio stations in a state, what does it show? First the disclaimers – the population is from 2000, the numbers I have readily available – … Continue reading
This isn’t breaking news. Bob Wilson died in 2008. If you ever heard of him, it was because he did a syndicated show promoting Country Gospel music. He bought a radio station in Texas in 2004. The radio station web … Continue reading
During its final days, the Security Director of Trump’s Taj Majal casino was indicted for promoting prostitution. http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/atlantic-city_pleasantville_brigantine/trump-taj-mahal-security-manager-indicted-for-allegedly-promoting-prostitution/article_b0085526-c478-11e2-a70b-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm The outcome http://privateofficerbreakingnews.blogspot.com/2014/12/nj-revokes-casino-license-of-former-taj.html Will “good Christians” really overlook that he made money from gambling, selling booze and permitting prostitution in his hotel? … Continue reading