- Fred Stiening said Country music is more than just a sound… https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/cody-johnson-lays-down-the-truth-about-todays-country/
- Fred Stiening said Why do radio people still refer to themselves as DJ’s? that would be as silly as me driving a car and describing myself as a buggy-whip operator
- Fred Stiening said Another streaming provider has ended its operations. They presumably are blaming the Music Modernization Act from last fall. Former customers are being directed to live365 which is going to play the...
- Fred Stiening said So in the spirit of transparency, here is what people search for and wind up here. It is a point of confusion that people think I am a hard core Conservative because that’s the people who arriv...
- Fred Stiening said So now the Google has recognized the secure site is part of the domain, here is what things look like for those who are curious. It is nothing like the good old days, but still worth spending my time...
- Fred Stiening said So Google’s chrome will not disclose saved passwords to a device that is not protected with a PIN. So if you happen to become in possession of an Android device that does not have a PIN on the...
- Fred Stiening said Making things even uglier, an Amazon tablet is tightly bound to a specific email account. The chrome browser only lets you use the email address for your Amazon tablet to log into chrome for syncing,...
- Fred Stiening said I can never rule that out. I think you have been here long enough to remember when polldaddy banned me for an offensive answer to an Obama question. The result was I just spent a few hours and wrote...
- CC1s121LrBGT said On the other hand, could it be the conservative ideas?
- Fred Stiening said Why SRGuide is becoming Google invisible Google is the force that got most of the internet to switch to the secure https:// protocol. So I complied The problem is Google considers https://streamingra...
- Fred Stiening said The answer is 42
- CC1s121LrBGT said What does the county by county analysis say? 😉
- Fred Stiening said There seems to be a correlation between percentage of radio stations that stream, and the probability the state votes for Democrats for President https://streamingradioguide.com/radio-station-list-by-...
- CC1s121LrBGT said We can do that.. and the frosting will have custom inscriptions too. First, however, our great leader will need to check your legal will to determine what size serving you qualify for… and to he...
- JayMar said I would definitely consider joining your religion if you promise that upon death I will be fed French Vanilla ice cream and pound cake with chocolate frosting.
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: October 2015
Thursday will be the first official earnings call by new Cumulus CEO Mary Berner. While she has no responsibility for those numbers, it is publicly laying out the playing field. The listeners on that call will be people with a … Continue reading
MakeRadioYourHobby The complete version in .pdf format, which will live forever! It has both the original images and the text should be searchable. If you always wondered how a tube based regenerative radio receiver works, this is the book for … Continue reading
Well, reality is hitting the fan. Just a quick recap – I turn 60 in three weeks, live in North Carolina, continually insured since 1986, rarely see a doctor. This isn’t about me – just to provide a data point … Continue reading
For those who don’t know, K-love is a Contemporary Christian music (CCM) service of the non-commercial Educational Media Foundation (EMF). It is targeted primarily at mothers. EMF has another Christian Rock format called Air1, designed to attract angst filled teenagers. … Continue reading
Michael “Savage” Weiner has said on the air that he never expects to see a penny from Talk Radio Network. A few weeks ago, his lawyers got a “writ of execution” for $866k for a judgement already won ordering TRN … Continue reading
Univision stations zoomed up in the ratings with this new syndicated morning show done by this trio last summer – the Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Sylvia del Valle Is the woman, nobody cares about the guys When is … Continue reading
Maybe the FCC has saved AM radio, but nothing will save desktop computers. The just released metrics from Nielsen’s Triton digital is that 73.8% of all streaming is now done from mobile devices, mostly iDevices and Android.
73 pages of changes AM stations can buy or move existing translators up to 250 miles In 2017, a one time option to acquire new FM translators on ANY available FM frequency Approval of wider use of transmitters that vary … Continue reading
Mentioned maybe a month ago was that I put my “naked” email address in the footer of the web site, enabling “one click” to initiate email contact. Give it a try 🙂 When the mailto: link is clicked it pretypes … Continue reading