- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2015
My enrollment confirmation and temporary ID card has arrived from United Healthcare. That leaves the loose end that Blue Cross will automatically renew my policy for 2016 if I don’t tell them to not renew me. So this morning at … Continue reading
Contrary to many American’s perception, Syria has oil and natural gas fields. Before Barack Obama decided the Dictator Assad had to go, despite winning a three way election with 10 million votes, Syria was making deals to increase oil production, … Continue reading
Facebook Rant At least at the moment, his local show has not been removed from the WABC web site
How War Affects the Formal Federal Budget Process There is no precedent for Congress making a formal declaration of war without first getting a request from the President. So why are some in Congress and some of the Presidential candidates … Continue reading
http://www.mikechurch.com/transcripts/what-happened-to-the-mike-church-show-click-here-to-find-out/ While this directory is mainly focused on Terrestrial Radio, Mike Church is well enough known from Sirius/XM that some people probably wonder where he went and why. His show moved to Internet Only after SiriusXM pulled the plug. I’m … Continue reading
According to Wikipedia, KHFX-AM in Dallas / Fort Worth is carrying the Republic Broadcasting network. To say they are “right wing” is an understatement from the little bit I remember hearing them. John Stadtmiller is the guy behind the operation … Continue reading
The post Thanksgiving format flipping is underway. The flurry of “Christmas music but no religion please” formats are under way. While some stations do this just because it sends ratings way up, many stations have a different purpose. Christmas music … Continue reading
Well, part of the reason… Yesterday, it was time to invoke my official Senior status at the buffet place. Stephanie introduced herself as my attendent or whatever the appropriate term is. After loading up on chicken noodle soup, there was … Continue reading