- TheChairman said So, to add to the radio insanity of the day: during Rush’s show this morning, I-Heart started playing a ‘promo’ trailer: “Monster: The Zodiac Killer. Get the app.” We found it...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Salem is an interesting thought. Remember about a year ago, Salem switched to 570 in the DC area. Salem’s WNYM in Hackensack gets very poor coverage in NJ – it also uses a very direction...
- Fred Stiening said WABC’s ratings are a mere shadow of their Zenith having lost Rush and Hannity to WOR-AM. Their rent for the studios must be pretty substantial. Conservative talk in New York was always a challenge...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Assuming they can finish the project for free, and someone pays off all the loans they incurred so far. Their spreadsheet still predicts that all their riders will flock to them to pay 2x the existing...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Let’s see if Bloomberg buys up WABC for its Lodi transmitter and license on 770. WBBR 1130 (formerly WNEW-AM) also transmits from that area but with a directional signal to cover Long Island, l...
- Fred Stiening said Atlanta based Cox Media is about to bail on its TV stations, which would leave WSB-AM an orphan…
- Parrott said Yeah my wife listens to the podcasts at 1.5x regular speed also CC. I came into the house one day and she had it on a speaker, I swear it was Alvin the chipmunk. She says the same thing, ̵...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doc would have been safer jogging in California. https://www.kqed.org/news/11725636/state-of-the-state-newsom-pulls-plug-on-s-f-to-l-a-high-speed-rail-project New business idea : web site that tracks...
- Parrott said Whoops, Ran out of ‘other peoples money, I guess. California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Tuesday he is pulling the plug on the state’s massive high-speed rail project from Los Angeles...
- CC1s121LrBGT said In northern Virginia, you can get WOR during the day if you have a good radio and no fluorescent lights or computers nearby to interfere. Re podcasts, most players allow you to increase the playback...
- Parrott said 710 WFNR Blacksburg /Christainsburg VA is off the air. Cumulost sold them and all the radio stations they had bought in SWVA, and proceded to run into the ground, to the Montecello radio group f...
- briand75 said Well crap! I liked Doc Thompson! While he made the “immature male” popular again, his mind was quite well-ordered and he was loveable soul. Killed by a train? I love trains – very c...
- TheChairman said CC: Discretionary use of the horn was cited in TEXRail’s notice regarding the quiet zone. An engineer has absolute authority to sound a horn if deemed necessary, ordinances notwithstanding. If...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. But using the horn to alert someone despite an ordinance against using a horn would at worst result in a complaint, paperwork and possible job loss (no job loss if AI toots the horn).
- Fred Stiening said Nice in theory, but not in practice. Throwing trains into emergency braking by mistake could be very expensive and result in derailment. Trains frequently pass very close to stationary objects righ...
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- October, the month for fear
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2015
I’m done. The goose is cooked. I’ve had enough and I ain’t gonna take no more.
Inspired by Clemente Moore and Donkey Cartel http://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news/rapper-donkey-cartel-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-at-charlotte-mall-christmas-eve http://myfox8.com/2015/12/26/armed-man-killed-in-north-carolina-mall-identified-as-rapper-donkey-cartel/ ‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the mall Shoppers were hurrying, including the louse; The ammo clips were filled with bullets with care, In hopes that the other gang … Continue reading
A recent topic of conversation on the John Batchelor show is the warming relationship between Russia, Iran and China. The more NATO uses international trade and the US dollar as weapons, the more we drive the countries of the SCO … Continue reading
The FCC announced the starting gun for AM Class C and D (small) AM stations to acquire an FM translator will fire at midnight on January 29th. There are a few rules – the existing FM translator has to be … Continue reading
Triton Digital, and other major streaming providers offer non-radio streams like Dr Jae Christian These are not some 13 year old in Mom’s basement playing his record collection using shoutcast. Since Triton is involved, it’s pretty sure that the appropriate … Continue reading
Holiday Music Most stations had their final live shows of 2015 yesterday. If you hear someone climbing down your chimney, shoot first, ask questions later. You can never be too careful. Ho Ho Ho
http://www.androidcentral.com/tunein-stream-live-nhl-pro-hockey-games-starting-january-1 No premium account required. If you can picture in your mind what checking against the boards, waving off icing, high sticking and putting the puck in the crease looks like, an audio only Hockey game could be for you! … Continue reading
John McCain’s bestest buddy has finally gotten the clue that America has no interest in having the Senator from South Carolina be President. Using the Festivus holiday as cover, Lindsey Graham slipped out in the dead of night. http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/politics/lindsey-graham-2016-campaign-drops-out/
CBS radio has given up trying to compete with Hubbard Radio’s WTOP in the Washington DC market. When CBS acquired the FM station from Family Broadcasting at 107.9, that freed up the 99.1 frequency to become an all news station … Continue reading
Radio show host Steve Harvey had a rough night. He was hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood and announced the wrong winner. Donald Trump owned the pageant until September, when NBC forced him to sell … Continue reading