- Fred Stiening said For the first time in like forever, I am logged in using my fragile Windows 95 system.
- Fred Stiening said Just in – Clear Channel revenue down almost 50% due mostly to loss of sports, Entercom down 52% When America loses its Sports, nothing else really matters
- RebelSansClue said But..but….but..but….but SCIENCE!!!!!! Seriously, what is wrong with people?
- Fred Stiening said Take a look back at the web site. If you good at haxxoring, you might figure it out.
- Fred Stiening said He had cancer in 2006. Even if he had recovered, he probably fits the "underlying serious health conditions" risk factor
- RebelSansClue said Was his cancer in remission? I heard that he still had stage 4 cancer, so it was most likely the cancer that killed him. But hey, hospitals get more money if you die from Covid, so what the heck.
- Fred Stiening said And Pandora and LiveNation and TicketMaster
- RebelSansClue said Ugh. I only listen to SXM a few times per year, and I can still notice it's getting progressively lamer. So now we'll have portions of CC, SXM and Spotify under 1 roof? Lovely. Maybe they sh...
- RebelSansClue said I love it! I like how you're wearing the mask below your nose too. That'l get the local Karen's in a tizzy! 🙂
- RebelSansClue said Great to have you back. Even better to know you're happy. We've missed you! I have Frontier (formerly AT&T) DSL myself. It's cheap enough and good enough that I can do what I need t...
- Fred Stiening said So I am in my new home, have a new iPhone SE, and AT&T vDSL (25/5) The bumps in the road – T-mobile LTE inside the place is weak. Unless the AT&T goes out, I can live with that. My...
- RebelSansClue said I'm glad you're getting a new place; one that doesn't have a manager looking over your shoulder. Hope the closing goes well.
- Fred Stiening said So yesterday I got the 30 day notice to vacate and termination of my lease. I had already told the (interim) manager that my primary care doctor strongly advised me to move out, so all of us are in a...
- TheChairman said Parrott! I was hoping you might visit the old virtual stomping grounds. Yes, we're back in the Peoples Republic of Michigan… we delayed our return until May 1st. We took a route through...
- Parrott said well Fred you havn't missed anything. WFLN is playing country music from the 70's chaos. well sorry about your divorce. Nothing new here, work still sux, as usual. I have missed yo...
- RebelSansClue said Good Lord. Sounds a lot like the condo board at my place. They're like miniature dictators. Praying for you.
- TheChairman said Hi Fred, thought I'd check the blog. I assume they let you back in after your haircut? Did they give you any grief? Your apartment 'infractions' describe my home life, except for the lo...
- Fred Stiening said The apartment manager of my 55+ active adult apartment complex fits that description She has threatened me with eviction for bad housekeeping. Among other reasons: – I eat too much junk food ...
- RebelSansClue said Thanks for the info! I think I understand a little better. I'm still glad the blog is back. I need SOME semblance of normalcy whilst everyone is losing their damned minds.
- Fred Stiening said Very few people run web servers on Windows. The problem is mostly if people are using the php scripting language. A deliberately simple example. Say I had a php script that returns radio station in...
- RebelSansClue said This is way above my pay grade, but is this a windows issue? I thought you were using Red Hat for awhile? Or does it not matter which operating system you use?
- RebelSansClue said There are some rational voices out there. I still listen to Rush a little each day. I've started listening to the "No Agenda" podcast and I'm enjoying that.
- Fred Stiening said As soon as I reopened the directory, I was being hammered with hundreds of servers trying SQL injection attacks. Blocking them was a losing battle.
- Fred Stiening said I have listened to no radio in months. I doubt that radio is a rational voice during these unprecedented times.
- RebelSansClue said I think that's a good idea. I missed this blog. So glad it's back, even on the down low.
- RebelSansClue said Only if you buy a lottery ticket on your way to higher ground. Lottery tickets are "essential".
- RebelSansClue said That's a good thought. I thought the blog was taken down again. When I type in the URL, I get forwarded to the closed page.
- TheChairman said Perhaps send an announcement of the blog's revival to everyone via the email address for each login account? Just a thought.
- Fred Stiening said Spread the word, but not the virus
- RebelSansClue said …and there was much rejoicing. Thank you for bringing this blog back. I've enjoyed reading it for over 10 years. Good to have you back, even for a little while.
- TheChairman said The guy is certainly a source of entertainment. He's outspoken and playing hardball because if he loses his position, he'll probably be out on the street.
- Mark said Rush's performance has not been affected by his condition. He sounds as energetic and playful as ever, but now one can't help but thinking that, whether he recovers or not, we are reaching t...
- Fred Stiening said More fun in Flint https://www.abc12.com/content/news/City-councilman-plans-to-stay-vocal-following-arrest-568548211.html
- TheChairman said One of the things people don't seem to get about Rush (particularly those on the left) is that he never expresses any 'hatred' of the liberals and democrat voter or listener. He sees t...
- TheChairman said Hey Parrott! I was wondering when we might hear from you. That Windows 7 problem is rather common with OEM installs, you need to remove a patch or two (KB971033 is one) and then do a few steps to reac...
- Parrott said Killer. WMAL closed their old link to the stream avoiding pop-ads, It worked like a champ for years, It had 'citidel' in the address. won't hurt anything to post it, It doesn...
- TheChairman said Will do Fred. An email will arrive with my own story attached, involving my dad's experience…
- Fred Stiening said Chairman, I drafted a big long response to your inquiry about my legal representation, only to have the email bounced as undeliverable. Please provide me a current email address to streamingradioguide...
- TheChairman said Believe me, that was painfully obvious when LPFM was being rolled out… and then promptly rolled off (a cliff) by 'Big FM'. In his book about the Federal Reserve ("The Creature fro...
- Fred Stiening said So I am not sure what is going on, but the only ads I see are for people trying to help you unload your time-share commitment. Matt Drudge is being hit hard. It is a falsehood that business hates g...
- TheChairman said So, in tandem with your previous post (The Closing of the Internet Frontier), I came across this little Google tidbit, which clearly demonstrates the FANG companies are wasting no time with the recent...
- TheChairman said Nope, I never saw this post last May. We had just returned to Michigan for the summer and I was promptly consumed with working on the house and property. Fred, do you have any legal representation? A...
- Fred Stiening said And lest you think the last year has not been interesting https://www.ft.com/content/e006982e-3ad2-11e9-b72b-2c7f526ca5d0 Oops, paywall. Google IEX, NASDAQ stiening to read it
- Fred Stiening said Update I was approved, and moved in without Robyn's cooperation. I bought an adjustable bed so I can elevate my legs to prevent blood from clotting. I bought new bedroom furniture and replaced th...
- TheChairman said Fred, regarding my suggestion for the TL-WN722N: according to recent Amazon reviews, it seems TP-Link changed the chipset on later versions. Caveat emptor. You want to find version 1.0 or 1.1 (Athero...
- Fred Stiening said I posted an explanation but then pulled it back at Countess' s request. I offered to pay to move her where her concerns about her safety could be addressed, but after her attorney agreed to my of...
- Fred Stiening said My sense from the cryptic things I read at the time was that the linux open source mentality collided with a vendor who had patent rights. I tried a little bit, but it was not worth it to ststartrt i...
- TheChairman said My apologies Fred, I wasn't aware of the situation. I've only been here sporadically these past 12 months; if you mentioned it in a post last year, I missed it. I'm sorry. Keep rebuildi...
- Fred Stiening said Nothing that dramatic. I just use PCs so little, it sat on my table here in the apartment for 6 months, not plugged in. With the divorce, I am going to need the ability to fax and scan documents. T...
- TheChairman said Hi Fred, hope you're both doing well. So which version of Windows did you install to revive the machine? Or did you put Fedora on it? I'm curious because several YouTube channels are peddl...
- People on the Internet lie
- Herman Cain has died
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- Recognize my face?
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Rush Limbaugh Update
- FWIW Department
- The Closing of the Internet Frontier
- To Infinity and Beyond
- The end for Harold Camping
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2015
I’m done. The goose is cooked. I’ve had enough and I ain’t gonna take no more.
Inspired by Clemente Moore and Donkey Cartel http://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news/rapper-donkey-cartel-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-at-charlotte-mall-christmas-eve http://myfox8.com/2015/12/26/armed-man-killed-in-north-carolina-mall-identified-as-rapper-donkey-cartel/ ‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the mall Shoppers were hurrying, including the louse; The ammo clips were filled with bullets with care, In hopes that the other gang … Continue reading
A recent topic of conversation on the John Batchelor show is the warming relationship between Russia, Iran and China. The more NATO uses international trade and the US dollar as weapons, the more we drive the countries of the SCO … Continue reading
The FCC announced the starting gun for AM Class C and D (small) AM stations to acquire an FM translator will fire at midnight on January 29th. There are a few rules – the existing FM translator has to be … Continue reading
Triton Digital, and other major streaming providers offer non-radio streams like Dr Jae Christian These are not some 13 year old in Mom’s basement playing his record collection using shoutcast. Since Triton is involved, it’s pretty sure that the appropriate … Continue reading
Holiday Music Most stations had their final live shows of 2015 yesterday. If you hear someone climbing down your chimney, shoot first, ask questions later. You can never be too careful. Ho Ho Ho
http://www.androidcentral.com/tunein-stream-live-nhl-pro-hockey-games-starting-january-1 No premium account required. If you can picture in your mind what checking against the boards, waving off icing, high sticking and putting the puck in the crease looks like, an audio only Hockey game could be for you! … Continue reading
John McCain’s bestest buddy has finally gotten the clue that America has no interest in having the Senator from South Carolina be President. Using the Festivus holiday as cover, Lindsey Graham slipped out in the dead of night. http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/politics/lindsey-graham-2016-campaign-drops-out/
CBS radio has given up trying to compete with Hubbard Radio’s WTOP in the Washington DC market. When CBS acquired the FM station from Family Broadcasting at 107.9, that freed up the 99.1 frequency to become an all news station … Continue reading
Radio show host Steve Harvey had a rough night. He was hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood and announced the wrong winner. Donald Trump owned the pageant until September, when NBC forced him to sell … Continue reading