Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- Do you see problems?
- June knows heat
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Coloring the News
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Monthly Archives: August 2016
“Up”town Charlotte is the mother lode of pokéness Each blue dot is a pokéstop where you pick up supplies, each red dot is a Pokégym where the three factions battle for “control” of the gym for somewhat dubious benefits. It … Continue reading
Over in the poll section, Parrott nominated himself to be the new maintainer of this web site when the inevitable happens. I’m overdue to see a lawyer to write down my wishes for the trustee of my revocable trust if … Continue reading
The floodgates opened for Class A and B AM stations (really big stations) to add an FM translator by moving an existing FM translator up to 250 miles. The problem is the large AM stations tend to be in big … Continue reading
[Written May 2012] The FCC web site is a bit hostile to gather information about the things people have applied for (and sl0w). Maybe a year ago, I started pulling a nightly data dump from the FCC and see what … Continue reading
[Written November 2013] Back when I was studying accounting, the Equity Funding scandal was fresh – but the lessons learned from it need to be told to the Obamacare brain trust. The scam involved creating fake life insurance policies that … Continue reading
Prior to the election of 1944, leaders of the Democratic Party knew that FDR was near death. He had high blood pressure, heart artery blockage and congestive heart failure, on top of polio confining him to a wheelchair. Henry Wallace, … Continue reading
So says Bloomberg That explains President Obama’s approval rating, for sure.
Bloomberg story Michael Bloomberg and his empire are about as hardcore #nevertrump as you can get. Late night religious Conservative talk show host Steve Deace is also. Since they’re both on the same team, why did Bloomberg decide to make … Continue reading