- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- TheChairman said A Digital Music News article from 2016 summed up the problem with Billboard, and how some record labels gamed the system for chart topping ‘album sales’ without selling any albums. The web...
- Fred Stiening said Iheart cuts local news staff – might it be to temporarily increase operating income prior to an IPO? https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185455/staff-cuts-hit-iheartmedia-news-depar...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Rumor has it that he is joining WMAL. Evidently, he was on the air there on a few times in the last week… may have been an audition. He tweeted 15 hours ago that he will have some exciting news...
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2016
If you upload an image, the montage should automatically update
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Fein Alex Jones had on this guest on Friday. He talked about a lot of things and would be a great talk show host. He sounded like a really young guy, but he is 69 years old. He sounds like … Continue reading
One of the tidbits Alex Jones has been talking about vaguely is the murder of a NATO auditor in Belgium. The reports seem to be bouncing around the right wing echosphere, but invisible on the “just the truth” media The … Continue reading
In 2001, a Mary Mason applied for an LPFM license in Mount Airy (Mayberry) North Carolina. I can’t find any real evidence of a Mary Mason in Mount Airy North Carolina. While Construction Permits were issued, there is not much … Continue reading
Which metro area does Harrisonburg Virginia belong to? +—————————————–+ | MetroArea | +—————————————–+ | Charlottesville, VA | | Fredericksburg, VA | | Harrisonburg, VA | | Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, VA | | Richmond, VA | | Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA | | … Continue reading
Alex Jones has no problem just making stuff up. When he doesn’t understand something, he just creates a theory, then starts embellishing and repeating it. The “Department of Truth” Amendment that Congress just passed and President Obama just signed reorganizes … Continue reading
One of the benefits of improving research tools is seeing dots to connect. FCC ownership reports require owners to disclose where they hold interests in more than one station to confirm they aren’t violating the per-market license limits. There is … Continue reading
The best place to put an AM transmitter is in a swamp. It is also the worst. WLNO-AM is located in New Orleans, Louisiana. To put out its 50,000 watt daytime, 5,000 nighttime signal required 7 antenna towers. Here is … Continue reading
Meaning “Sanctuary” areas where enforcement of immigration laws will be banned Found here https://www.facebook.com/Bonita1380AmRadioNashville/ Not so pretty, after all