- Fred Stiening said The apartment manager of my 55+ active adult apartment complex fits that description She has threatened me with eviction for bad housekeeping. Among other reasons: – I eat too much junk food ...
- RebelSansClue said Thanks for the info! I think I understand a little better. I'm still glad the blog is back. I need SOME semblance of normalcy whilst everyone is losing their damned minds.
- Fred Stiening said Very few people run web servers on Windows. The problem is mostly if people are using the php scripting language. A deliberately simple example. Say I had a php script that returns radio station in...
- RebelSansClue said This is way above my pay grade, but is this a windows issue? I thought you were using Red Hat for awhile? Or does it not matter which operating system you use?
- RebelSansClue said There are some rational voices out there. I still listen to Rush a little each day. I've started listening to the "No Agenda" podcast and I'm enjoying that.
- Fred Stiening said As soon as I reopened the directly I was being hammered with hundreds of servers trying SQL injection attacks. Blocking them was a losing battle.
- Fred Stiening said I have listened to no radio in months. I doubt that radio is a rational voice during these unprecedented times.
- RebelSansClue said I think that's a good idea. I missed this blog. So glad it's back, even on the down low.
- RebelSansClue said Only if you buy a lottery ticket on your way to higher ground. Lottery tickets are "essential".
- RebelSansClue said That's a good thought. I thought the blog was taken down again. When I type in the URL, I get forwarded to the closed page.
- TheChairman said Perhaps send an announcement of the blog's revival to everyone via the email address for each login account? Just a thought.
- Fred Stiening said Spread the word, but not the virus
- RebelSansClue said …and there was much rejoicing. Thank you for bringing this blog back. I've enjoyed reading it for over 10 years. Good to have you back, even for a little while.
- TheChairman said The guy is certainly a source of entertainment. He's outspoken and playing hardball because if he loses his position, he'll probably be out on the street.
- Mark said Rush's performance has not been affected by his condition. He sounds as energetic and playful as ever, but now one can't help but thinking that, whether he recovers or not, we are reaching t...
- Fred Stiening said More fun in Flint https://www.abc12.com/content/news/City-councilman-plans-to-stay-vocal-following-arrest-568548211.html
- TheChairman said One of the things people don't seem to get about Rush (particularly those on the left) is that he never expresses any 'hatred' of the liberals and democrat voter or listener. He sees t...
- TheChairman said Hey Parrott! I was wondering when we might hear from you. That Windows 7 problem is rather common with OEM installs, you need to remove a patch or two (KB971033 is one) and then do a few steps to reac...
- Parrott said Killer. WMAL closed their old link to the stream avoiding pop-ads, It worked like a champ for years, It had 'citidel' in the address. won't hurt anything to post it, It doesn...
- TheChairman said Will do Fred. An email will arrive with my own story attached, involving my dad's experience…
- Fred Stiening said Chairman, I drafted a big long response to your inquiry about my legal representation, only to have the email bounced as undeliverable. Please provide me a current email address to streamingradioguide...
- TheChairman said Believe me, that was painfully obvious when LPFM was being rolled out… and then promptly rolled off (a cliff) by 'Big FM'. In his book about the Federal Reserve ("The Creature fro...
- Fred Stiening said So I am not sure what is going on, but the only ads I see are for people trying to help you unload your time-share commitment. Matt Drudge is being hit hard. It is a falsehood that business hates g...
- TheChairman said So, in tandem with your previous post (The Closing of the Internet Frontier), I came across this little Google tidbit, which clearly demonstrates the FANG companies are wasting no time with the recent...
- TheChairman said Nope, I never saw this post last May. We had just returned to Michigan for the summer and I was promptly consumed with working on the house and property. Fred, do you have any legal representation? A...
- Fred Stiening said And lest you think the last year has not been interesting https://www.ft.com/content/e006982e-3ad2-11e9-b72b-2c7f526ca5d0 Oops, paywall. Google IEX, NASDAQ stiening to read it
- Fred Stiening said Update I was approved, and moved in without Robyn's cooperation. I bought an adjustable bed so I can elevate my legs to prevent blood from clotting. I bought new bedroom furniture and replaced th...
- TheChairman said Fred, regarding my suggestion for the TL-WN722N: according to recent Amazon reviews, it seems TP-Link changed the chipset on later versions. Caveat emptor. You want to find version 1.0 or 1.1 (Athero...
- Fred Stiening said I posted an explanation but then pulled it back at Countess' s request. I offered to pay to move her where her concerns about her safety could be addressed, but after her attorney agreed to my of...
- Fred Stiening said My sense from the cryptic things I read at the time was that the linux open source mentality collided with a vendor who had patent rights. I tried a little bit, but it was not worth it to ststartrt i...
- TheChairman said My apologies Fred, I wasn't aware of the situation. I've only been here sporadically these past 12 months; if you mentioned it in a post last year, I missed it. I'm sorry. Keep rebuildi...
- Fred Stiening said Nothing that dramatic. I just use PCs so little, it sat on my table here in the apartment for 6 months, not plugged in. With the divorce, I am going to need the ability to fax and scan documents. T...
- TheChairman said Hi Fred, hope you're both doing well. So which version of Windows did you install to revive the machine? Or did you put Fedora on it? I'm curious because several YouTube channels are peddl...
- Fred Stiening said I finally got around to making my Windows machine functional again. Some of you may remember that for a time I was actually running the website from the condominium I used to live in. I think I succes...
- TheChairman said Hey Parrott: a belated Happy 2020 to you, Fred, and the other SRG loyalists. The web has indeed been transformed from uncensored free-enterprise for everyone, to accommodating the big 4 (aptly called...
- Parrott said well I guess it was bound to happen. End of an era, 'the polls' LOL. They were great. Ilhan Omar (D) MN, also known as 'ball of hate', would have been great for the Polls...
- prboylan said Thank you! Even though I'm too busy to regularly contribute, I enjoy dropping by from time to time to see what has caught your attention to write about. Best wishes for 2020, -Phil (thankfully...
- Fred Stiening said Bob Pittman (AOL / Clear Channel) began his radio career at an early age, by firing Don Imus at WNBC https://www.nytimes.com/1977/08/19/archives/new-jersey-weekly-wnbc-radio-shifts-cast-and-policy.htm...
- Fred Stiening said The blog is still reachable for those already here
- TheChairman said We had the good fortune to hear the last few years of Don Imus' shows before his retirement and emotional sign-off in 2018. Never heard any of his shows prior to 2015, so I don't know how m...
- TheChairman said First thing I did was turn off all location services and mic/camera app access, to the extent possible… covered the 'selfie' cam. I intend to jailbreak the phone if we keep it.
- Fred Stiening said Make sure the camera app has location services disabled, but in the end it is still just software.
- RebelSansClue said Don Imus has died at the age of 79. He entertained 2 generations of my family. Sad that he's passed less than 2 years into retirement, but he lived a full life. I'm sure Howard Stern will ha...
- TheChairman said Merry Christmas to you Parrot, and to Fred and the rest of the SRG clan!
- TheChairman said I took a look at AdNauseum. We don't really use any smartphone apps, per se… mostly phone calls, texting, and some media streams. Both of us are professionals working from home. We'd...
- Parrott said I loath these regulations on the interwebs. Who is watching the so called darkweb? are they doing tracking cookies? yeah I see those email messages in my companies corporate support email to h...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Check out AdNausem -https://github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/FAQ It does block some ads, but for many it requests the ad from the site and then renders it as "invisible" in your browser so...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Many / most / nearly all apps want permission to copy your Contacts. Others demand access to your photos. Still others have been found by Google and Apple to be copying data for which they did not as...
- TheChairman said One of the tactics I use –to view sites which protest my usage of AdBlocker– is to continually hit 'reload' and then quickly hit 'stop' to halt the loading of the scrip...
- Fred Stiening said I do not know if it is targeted harassment because of the new blog name, or a more general escalation by hackers (possibly government entities), but for the past month, I have probably received 10 att...
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Rush Limbaugh Update
- FWIW Department
- The Closing of the Internet Frontier
- To Infinity and Beyond
- The end for Harold Camping
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2016
If you upload an image, the montage should automatically update
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Fein Alex Jones had on this guest on Friday. He talked about a lot of things and would be a great talk show host. He sounded like a really young guy, but he is 69 years old. He sounds like … Continue reading
One of the tidbits Alex Jones has been talking about vaguely is the murder of a NATO auditor in Belgium. The reports seem to be bouncing around the right wing echosphere, but invisible on the “just the truth” media The … Continue reading
In 2001, a Mary Mason applied for an LPFM license in Mount Airy (Mayberry) North Carolina. I can’t find any real evidence of a Mary Mason in Mount Airy North Carolina. While Construction Permits were issued, there is not much … Continue reading
Which metro area does Harrisonburg Virginia belong to? +—————————————–+ | MetroArea | +—————————————–+ | Charlottesville, VA | | Fredericksburg, VA | | Harrisonburg, VA | | Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, VA | | Richmond, VA | | Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA | | … Continue reading
Alex Jones has no problem just making stuff up. When he doesn’t understand something, he just creates a theory, then starts embellishing and repeating it. The “Department of Truth” Amendment that Congress just passed and President Obama just signed reorganizes … Continue reading
One of the benefits of improving research tools is seeing dots to connect. FCC ownership reports require owners to disclose where they hold interests in more than one station to confirm they aren’t violating the per-market license limits. There is … Continue reading
The best place to put an AM transmitter is in a swamp. It is also the worst. WLNO-AM is located in New Orleans, Louisiana. To put out its 50,000 watt daytime, 5,000 nighttime signal required 7 antenna towers. Here is … Continue reading
Meaning “Sanctuary” areas where enforcement of immigration laws will be banned Found here https://www.facebook.com/Bonita1380AmRadioNashville/ Not so pretty, after all