- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- haiti222 said The Scripps Family trust terms also applied to the spin-off until last year. The spinoff is super valuable because of the world content growth you spoke of. When I was in the Philippines, all kinds of...
- Fred Stiening said To clarify, Scripps earns an income from Cable TV retransmission rights. To many stations, that is just guaranteed income regardless of ratings. Scripps says 33% of their local revenue is from cable...
- Fred Stiening said It is 58 degrees in Juneau AK, you know?
- Fred Stiening said Or to phrase it a the different way, Wall Street is so focused on short term metrics that it was beneficial to the Scripps Networks part to separate from the lower-performing TV stations. At least i...
- Fred Stiening said There are two groups of TV stations – the big money ($10 billion total) went to those who agreed to surrender their spectrum by either going off the air completely or moving to a subchannel of a...
- Fred Stiening said In an interesting twist, radio couldn’t resist turning this into a free money grab. Because many FM transmitters are located on TV towers that might move because the TV station is moving to be...
- Fred Stiening said They were looking in the wrong place http://www.insideradio.com/small-midwestern-markets-rule-in-radio-revenue-per-capita/article_22bba00a-8b51-11e9-ac99-fbf48413de97.html
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: December 2016
If you upload an image, the montage should automatically update
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Fein Alex Jones had on this guest on Friday. He talked about a lot of things and would be a great talk show host. He sounded like a really young guy, but he is 69 years old. He sounds like … Continue reading
One of the tidbits Alex Jones has been talking about vaguely is the murder of a NATO auditor in Belgium. The reports seem to be bouncing around the right wing echosphere, but invisible on the “just the truth” media The … Continue reading
In 2001, a Mary Mason applied for an LPFM license in Mount Airy (Mayberry) North Carolina. I can’t find any real evidence of a Mary Mason in Mount Airy North Carolina. While Construction Permits were issued, there is not much … Continue reading
Which metro area does Harrisonburg Virginia belong to? +—————————————–+ | MetroArea | +—————————————–+ | Charlottesville, VA | | Fredericksburg, VA | | Harrisonburg, VA | | Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, VA | | Richmond, VA | | Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA | | … Continue reading
Alex Jones has no problem just making stuff up. When he doesn’t understand something, he just creates a theory, then starts embellishing and repeating it. The “Department of Truth” Amendment that Congress just passed and President Obama just signed reorganizes … Continue reading
One of the benefits of improving research tools is seeing dots to connect. FCC ownership reports require owners to disclose where they hold interests in more than one station to confirm they aren’t violating the per-market license limits. There is … Continue reading
The best place to put an AM transmitter is in a swamp. It is also the worst. WLNO-AM is located in New Orleans, Louisiana. To put out its 50,000 watt daytime, 5,000 nighttime signal required 7 antenna towers. Here is … Continue reading
Meaning “Sanctuary” areas where enforcement of immigration laws will be banned Found here https://www.facebook.com/Bonita1380AmRadioNashville/ Not so pretty, after all