- Parrott said Well this is relevant again: ‘Muslims for the Bern’ again. You know he ( Bernie) did the voice for the Arrdvark in the Pink Panther cartoon when Jackie Mason was on vacation. super...
- Parrott said you don’t need a stinkin ID! You can vote anywhere /everywhere ! Especially in Virginia now. Our Governor is going on a sensitivity/Listening tour across Va. Parrott
- Parrott said Hmmmm. I see new Polls only. Oh well. Chairman, they had a show on Coast to Coast ( that I unfortunately missed) on ‘Doppelganger’ . It was the 16th I think. oh well. I could remember &...
- Fred Stiening said Lyndon LaRouche has died, or so they are telling us https://www.apnews.com/f37818ce7354487fa7d0032f032d2e03
- Fred Stiening said The polls have same day registration with no photo id
- TheChairman said Yes Parrott, I can see the polls. Seeing the face of ‘the chosen one’ is getting old. 😉 I’m using Opera. As for call letters, we have a few good ones in AZ: KVOI ‘The VoiceR...
- Fred Stiening said The thing about call signs is especially true on FM, made even worse by FM translators “you are listening to W208EJ, Springfield Vermont” Part of the reason has to do with international ag...
- Fred Stiening said We are both doing fairly well, but I have picked up some new issues with my heart. We both were in afib for a while. I have noticed (and my niece the doctor has confirmed) that I am having missed b...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I can see them, but I don’t have a voter ID. 😉
- Parrott said Yeah , use to be WWRC 570am. They were a good station back in the day, now they are called ‘the question’ or something like that. Really you have to come up with a duh station nam...
- TheChairman said Ah, I wondered why the only post visible on the blog last night was from 2014… figured maybe some system maintenance was being done. Speaking of ‘system health’, how are you and Coun...
- Fred Stiening said As a bonus, I noticed a free upgrade to the server – 32 GB more Solid State Disk, another TB/month outbound traffic and 4x the outbound bit rate
- TheChairman said So, to add to the radio insanity of the day: during Rush’s show this morning, I-Heart started playing a ‘promo’ trailer: “Monster: The Zodiac Killer. Get the app.” We found it...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Salem is an interesting thought. Remember about a year ago, Salem switched to 570 in the DC area. Salem’s WNYM in Hackensack gets very poor coverage in NJ – it also uses a very direction...
- Fred Stiening said WABC’s ratings are a mere shadow of their Zenith having lost Rush and Hannity to WOR-AM. Their rent for the studios must be pretty substantial. Conservative talk in New York was always a challenge...
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: September 2017
The Countess and I went on a visit to the fifth largest city in the state of South Carolina on Friday. There is a very popular French bakery in Charlotte named Amelie’s. It has very good pastries and light … Continue reading
Notice the beady green eyes. If you are ever in Fort Mill, SC at the intersection of US 21 and SC 160, it is definitely worth stopping at the Peach Stand, even outside of peach season
https://apnews.com/ The roots are too deep to rip out. Three more years until Medicare for me. Two months until Social Security. Hard to believe. 40th college reunion in a few weeks.
Yesterday, the Countess and I spread our wings to celebrate the equinox. We rode the magnificent Charlotte LYNX light rail system to “Up”town to experience central Charlotte now that the summer heat is waning. We got off at 7th street … Continue reading
It was about 9 PM where the Norfolk Southern (formerly Southern RR) crosses McLean Road in the far NorthEast part of Charlotte. There are two tracks at the crossing and as part of the improvements to increase the speed of … Continue reading
The Conservative speeches at UC Berkeley have been called off (again) CBS San Francisco The story has this interesting quote: “News of the voluntary cancellation of ‘Free Speech Week’ represents no setback for free speech,” said Suzanne Nossel, executive director … Continue reading
https://qz.com/1084105/a-schoolgirl-trapped-in-mexicos-earthquake-rubble-won-the-worlds-hearts-except-she-didnt-exist/ The 12 year old girl buried under rubble in Mexico City didn’t exist, except in the news reports of TV channels. This story makes the point that the presence of the TV cameras distorted allocation of rescue resources that … Continue reading
A few days ago, Apple released iOS 11 for its current mobile devices. One of the new features is the ability to make a video of what your screen is displaying. This is every teenage boy’s fantasy to record and … Continue reading
If you load Youtube in an app, there is chat. Now that is fun!