- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- President Trump: Bush’s invasion of Iraq was the single biggest mistake in US history
- Vicarious Hurricane Watch
- Who is Qi Lu and why should you care?
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Fun with snowflakes
- Say Something or Don’t Tell?
- Alex Jones banned from iTunes and Facebook
- Politico stoking race war within House leadership
- Augustus, the strong Caesar
- Today’s overflowing news bag (per Tom Taylor)
- You can feel secure now
- It’s Official – 2020 RNC convention coming to Charlotte
- Changes in Philly
- Big improvement at FCC Website
- More train action than you can shake a stick at
- The future of grocery retailing?
- Visiting Our Heritage
- The Conservative Mom
- Ray Lucia wins at Supreme Court
- Puerto Rico update
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Is President Trump out to dismantle the NWO?
- Unmasking AT&T
- Domestic Content protection in a global community
- California to vote on three way split
- CEO of K-Love / Air1 to retire
- New face at the FCC
- JUNE is busting out all over
- Taking Cookies from Strangers
- GDPR Notice
- Slogging in the swamp
- Bet the Farm
- Login issues
- Fred Stiening said Possibly related, there was a news story a few days ago that the upper floors of the Radio Hall of Fame building in Chicago are being sold to pay down their debt.
- Fred Stiening said No surprise that Savage is portraying doing a podcast as being his innovation that will transform radio. Next he will claim Tom Leykis and Adam Carolla stole the idea from him Going back to the Talk...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yikes! How did we miss this in June?!?! Congratulations to Joan Hamburg and to the other guy too! 😉 http://www.wabcradio.com/2018/06/26/congratulations-to-joan-hamburg-mark-levin-radio-hall-of-fame-...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “Michael Savage’s Show To Go To 1 Hour For Radio, 1 Hour For Podcast/Radio In January; Ben Shapiro Adds 2 Live Radio Hours” https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/180188/mi...
- Fred Stiening said Matthews was also the headquarters of Harris Teeter, the long standing grocery store chain started in Charlotte. It was acquired by Kroger with the statement that nothing would change, but Countess h...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here ye, hear ye…. I am serious: https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/24/siriusxm-to-acquire-pandora-for-3-5-billion/
- Parrott said I saw in the Charlotte Observer that Dollar Tree is closing the Family Dollar headquarters in Matthews NC. I didn’t know that Dollar Tree bought Family dollar. I never understood the ‘Do...
- Parrott said we’re still waisting money and lives in Afghanistan. Pakistan is no friend either. Yeah, I don’t think we know everything about 09/11. I wonder where Ted Kennedy was hiding on 9/11 ?...
- Fred Stiening said The “devestation” caused on Topsail Island caused by the worst hurricane to eventually hit North Carolina. https://www.wral.com/weather/video/17860816/ OMG, there is a trash can out by the...
- briand75 said Very nice!
- Fred Stiening said Big Brother Apple added a new feature in ios12 – “screen time”. It allows the nominal owner of a device to monitor and limit the time a person uses an app and when. You can turn...
- CC1s121LrBGT said With 3D printing, you don’t need molds!
- Fred Stiening said Keep your bread in the freezer!
- Fred Stiening said Charlotte is unusual in that there is no river here. The Catawba River is about 15 miles away and 150 feet lower. We live next to a stream, but because we are elevated on a 13 foot hill overlooking...
- Fred Stiening said By the Dawn’s early light
- briand75 said That is just sad. I am glad to see you and Countess have survived the onslaught of Florence! Looks like the danger was mostly from the rain and storm surge.
- CC1s121LrBGT said WAAV is back streaming and talking about how to prevent mold.
- Fred Stiening said How long until the NY Times does a story on the significance of the special election in Texas yesterday to replace a Democrat Texas State Senator? https://amp.ksat.com/news/election-results/district-1...
- Fred Stiening said A recent WordPress update (the software behind the blog) appears to have removed this sticky post, which why it was not at the top. Hopefully that will stay fixed.
- CC1s121LrBGT said The relay is back. Wilmington Tower apparently has internet access again. Appears to be live. Still night.
- Fred Stiening said More to the specific point, the breaking news information would not be indexed in real time by Google – so nobody would see it, even if the information was potentially useful. That is a spin o...
- Fred Stiening said The latest deaths (in South Carolina) were two female mental health patients being detained inside a van who drowned. They were being moved inland for their safety.
- foyle said We are hanging in there. Survived many hurricanes but first time we have been flooded. 3+ feet of water got in. We have removed 4 feet of drywall, plus all floor coverings, tossed furniture & app...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The links were interesting and probably useful to the general public… probably less so for me since I have a feel for what stations exists across the country. While it is outside the scope or &...
- briand75 said Okay – it’s pretty quiet here. First priority – is everyone in the affected area okay? There is a chance that some folks are flooded out, so I will keep an eye out. If anyone needs a...
- Fred Stiening said There used to be an ability to put a breaking event on the top of the directory pages giving links to radio stations with live coverage, but I must have commented out the code. I don’t think I...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Just now… trying to stream the Chris Plante Show from WAAV 980 Wilmington, NC to also catch the local news and the stream is off line. It is my first visit to the stream since the storm. I suspe...
- Fred Stiening said 79 customers in Mecklenburg County are without power.
- Parrott said Hope Foyle is ok. I hate flooding. My Grandparents were always getting flooded in West Virginia. Clean up sucked, mud on everything. Might as well throw away furniture. Finally they moved out of t...
- Fred Stiening said People without power in NC down to 221,000. That is a lttle misleading as a number of small towns run their own power systens, buying power at wholesale rates, and doing their own billing and maint...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Hang in there, Foyle. Our thoughts are with you!
- foyle said Glad it has been minimal there. Some of us have not been so fortunate and now find ourselves homeless due to flooding.
- Fred Stiening said The flag took on the name Kevin in the YouTube chat and has achieved the status of an official meme. KevinTheFlag.com is selling limited edition T-Shirts (limited to how many people order)
- Fred Stiening said About 3% of Mecklenburg County is without power. Power was off here for maybe 10 seconds. No major roads blocked. Statewide about 390,000 without power, about 10% of Duke Energy’s customers,...
- Fred Stiening said The NWS is standing by its prediction that the storm will stall along the coast for a day, move South, then cross South Carolina It came ashore as a Category one with the totally expected coastal floo...
- Fred Stiening said It was getting its internet access relayed from the Wilmington Tower, and the feed went down
- CC1s121LrBGT said Snorting wasp spray is the new bee’s knees! 😉
- Parrott said Exactly ! and then you have ‘Boltneck’ Herman munster-Kerry out there meeting with the Iranians, behind everyones back. telling them to wait till the ‘Dipshit-Democrats’ are...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Dumping treasuries is meaningless. That is basically what happened systemically in 2008 and the Fed printed money and bought them as people sold and/or refused to buy the new issues. People are not c...
- Fred Stiening said The best reason China would not do that is the same reason threatening to dump Treasuries is a hollow threat. If you succeed in burning down every building in America, you lost your customer base.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Possible. Also, cause self-driving cars to crash, or batteries in laptops, cell phones, and cars to overheat and catch fire. I can see a terrorist doing this or a nation-state that naively thinks they...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good find, Fred. This should get interesting during the day, and there is no one from the weather channel standing in front of it blocking the view and yelling to ruin it.
- Fred Stiening said Eyewall has collapsed, winds way down Washington Post will not be giving Donald Trump credit
- Fred Stiening said Google, the day after https://www.infowars.com/shocking-leaked-video-google-leaders-dismayed-by-trump-win-at-conference/
- Parrott said Awesome ! I have always liked rice crispy’s . My Mom used to make those marshmallow treats for us back in the day. Yeah now its supposed to go south along the coast. The conspiracy groups a...
- Fred Stiening said As an occasional reader of Tom Clancy, I had formulated a WW3 strategy that isn’t on anybody’s radar. My original theory involved VCRs, but internet connected TVs or IoT devices are more...
- Fred Stiening said Well, what a difference 8 hours can make The models were starting to all diverge, some suggesting it might even go down the coast to Florida. The official cone has it heading South and ripping throu...
- Fred Stiening said So things suddenly turned ugly. The new track has the center going through South Carolina putting Charlotte on the strong side of the storm. While the landfall has not changed, the “what happ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said A danger is the entities owned by the Chicoms buying into nascent Silicon Valley firms that are extending key strategic technology – so that the Chinese communists get an edge over the US milita...
- Fred Stiening said The official NWS cone has the storm stalling around Fayetteville and not getting here until Sunday and then it won’t be much more than strong breezes. I see little chance of it getting to Norf...
Monthly Archives: March 2018
77 year old Don Imus had a contract that Cumulus Radio cannot justify in bankruptcy, so this is the end of the Imus show in syndication. On WABC-AM in New York, syndicated Chris Plante moves to 10 AM to noon, … Continue reading
https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html The EU passed data privacy laws (General Data Protection Regulation) two years ago that asserts a principle that EU privacy regulations apply not only to businesses that engage in commerce in Europe, or have computers in EU countries, but … Continue reading
Having survived a week without a fatality, it was time to try out the light rail extension. We road it from end to end – I-485 to UNC-Charlotte. At the UNCC station, there was a very visible policeman watching the … Continue reading
In a move that is somewhat logical, the “new” Cumulus Board of Directors has two new directors with ties to Mexico. The FCC has been relaxing the rules about non-Americans owning broadcast licenses. This telegraphs to me that much of … Continue reading
A glimpse into the history of Art Stone, who was on the receiving end of the attack. It was not a bilateral “war”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meow_Wars A huge train geek named Jon Bell – who I never met in real life – … Continue reading
A few tidbits from the Tom Taylor newsletter along with having read the bankruptcy filing. John Malone had his lawyers show up at the “First Day Motions” to represent his interests. The filing has language permitting Malone to submit his … Continue reading
talking about the new extension of the light rail line here in charlotte reminded me that i’d taken some pix of the salisbury, north carolina, amtrak station back in october when we were in salisbury for fred’s 40th college reunion. … Continue reading
Friday was the official launch of the $1.6 billion Blue Line extension, coinciding with the NCAA Round 1 playoff at the Spectrum Arena. No pushing!
https://radioink.com/2018/03/15/iheart-lenders-sign-agreement-file-chapter-11/ It is important to note that the description says some of the lenders are on board. It reads like this will be a contested bankruptcy. After the group supporting the plan pins down the details, there is a period … Continue reading