- Fred Stiening said I overlooked WNBM-FM because it is licensed to serve Bronxville, an extremely afluent village of about 6000 millionaires in Westchester County. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronxville,_New_York T...
- TheChairman said So, to add to the radio insanity of the day: during Rush’s show this morning, I-Heart started playing a ‘promo’ trailer: “Monster: The Zodiac Killer. Get the app.” We found it...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Salem is an interesting thought. Remember about a year ago, Salem switched to 570 in the DC area. Salem’s WNYM in Hackensack gets very poor coverage in NJ – it also uses a very direction...
- Fred Stiening said WABC’s ratings are a mere shadow of their Zenith having lost Rush and Hannity to WOR-AM. Their rent for the studios must be pretty substantial. Conservative talk in New York was always a challenge...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Assuming they can finish the project for free, and someone pays off all the loans they incurred so far. Their spreadsheet still predicts that all their riders will flock to them to pay 2x the existing...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Let’s see if Bloomberg buys up WABC for its Lodi transmitter and license on 770. WBBR 1130 (formerly WNEW-AM) also transmits from that area but with a directional signal to cover Long Island, l...
- Fred Stiening said Atlanta based Cox Media is about to bail on its TV stations, which would leave WSB-AM an orphan…
- Parrott said Yeah my wife listens to the podcasts at 1.5x regular speed also CC. I came into the house one day and she had it on a speaker, I swear it was Alvin the chipmunk. She says the same thing, ̵...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doc would have been safer jogging in California. https://www.kqed.org/news/11725636/state-of-the-state-newsom-pulls-plug-on-s-f-to-l-a-high-speed-rail-project New business idea : web site that tracks...
- Parrott said Whoops, Ran out of ‘other peoples money, I guess. California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Tuesday he is pulling the plug on the state’s massive high-speed rail project from Los Angeles...
- CC1s121LrBGT said In northern Virginia, you can get WOR during the day if you have a good radio and no fluorescent lights or computers nearby to interfere. Re podcasts, most players allow you to increase the playback...
- Parrott said 710 WFNR Blacksburg /Christainsburg VA is off the air. Cumulost sold them and all the radio stations they had bought in SWVA, and proceded to run into the ground, to the Montecello radio group f...
- briand75 said Well crap! I liked Doc Thompson! While he made the “immature male” popular again, his mind was quite well-ordered and he was loveable soul. Killed by a train? I love trains – very c...
- TheChairman said CC: Discretionary use of the horn was cited in TEXRail’s notice regarding the quiet zone. An engineer has absolute authority to sound a horn if deemed necessary, ordinances notwithstanding. If...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. But using the horn to alert someone despite an ordinance against using a horn would at worst result in a complaint, paperwork and possible job loss (no job loss if AI toots the horn).
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- October, the month for fear
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: May 2018
The EU’s new privacy law went into effect overnight. Bloomberg tells us how it is going GDPR Day 1 Since this web site’s inception in 2004, visitors from Europe and Asia have been blocked by IP address ranges. The only … Continue reading
So there is this curious thing about the New York Times and Washington Post leaking the information about the “spy” inside the Trump campaign, except not naming him. While not revealing his name, they listed so many details that it … Continue reading
As if America was not already overwhelmed with Spork betting, the Supreme Court has thrown the barn door wide open, voiding a law that limited spork betting to only Nevada. Supreme Court legalizes sports gambling nationwide States will have the … Continue reading
If you have paid attention over the past couple decades, you know that many things have very fluid prices – it is how hotel rooms and airplane tickets work. In both cases, the product cannot be stored and sold later. … Continue reading
For reasons I don’t fully understand yet, clicking on the link to login to comment does not work under some situations. If this happens, use the Blog Login link in the menu right above this post.
John Malone’s Liberty Global has reached a deal with UK based Vodaphone to sell Liberty’s European Cable TV assets, which will net Liberty about €10 million, currently around $12 billion. Speculation is ramping up that Malone will follow up on … Continue reading
A man named Larry Wilson got into radio in the 1980s in Montana owning tiny stations. In 1990, he formed a company called Citadel. He continued buying up small failing radio owners at a bargain, hoping to turn them around … Continue reading
While there are a few semi-autonomous cities left in Mecklenburg County, the reality is that the County and Charlotte are close to unified. The city runs the police department, water and sewage and police, and the County runs the schools, … Continue reading