- Fred Stiening said Haven’t paid your FCC fees since 2005? Just invoke the “minority” defense http://www.insideradio.com/free/fcc-gives-two-am-owners-a-second-chance-to-renew/article_73ad8610-8b4f-11e9...
- Fred Stiening said According to a Russian radio station in New York City, there are between 6.5 and 7 million Russians living in the United States. That’s a lot of votes for Donald Trump!
- Fred Stiening said This might be a sign of the End Times – New York Times doing a positive story about Michael Savage https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/us/politics/michael-savage-trump.html As they say in the M...
- Mark said Naptha Tanker just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Triple Crown! 😉
- Fred Stiening said All you need to know about the Nationwide electricity blackout in Argentina – “Energy Secretariat”
- CC1s121LrBGT said Coming to a town near you: respected financial new source https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-baltimore-secret-surveillance/ local rag response https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-cit...
- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: May 2018
The EU’s new privacy law went into effect overnight. Bloomberg tells us how it is going GDPR Day 1 Since this web site’s inception in 2004, visitors from Europe and Asia have been blocked by IP address ranges. The only … Continue reading
So there is this curious thing about the New York Times and Washington Post leaking the information about the “spy” inside the Trump campaign, except not naming him. While not revealing his name, they listed so many details that it … Continue reading
As if America was not already overwhelmed with Spork betting, the Supreme Court has thrown the barn door wide open, voiding a law that limited spork betting to only Nevada. Supreme Court legalizes sports gambling nationwide States will have the … Continue reading
If you have paid attention over the past couple decades, you know that many things have very fluid prices – it is how hotel rooms and airplane tickets work. In both cases, the product cannot be stored and sold later. … Continue reading
For reasons I don’t fully understand yet, clicking on the link to login to comment does not work under some situations. If this happens, use the Blog Login link in the menu right above this post.
John Malone’s Liberty Global has reached a deal with UK based Vodaphone to sell Liberty’s European Cable TV assets, which will net Liberty about €10 million, currently around $12 billion. Speculation is ramping up that Malone will follow up on … Continue reading
A man named Larry Wilson got into radio in the 1980s in Montana owning tiny stations. In 1990, he formed a company called Citadel. He continued buying up small failing radio owners at a bargain, hoping to turn them around … Continue reading
While there are a few semi-autonomous cities left in Mecklenburg County, the reality is that the County and Charlotte are close to unified. The city runs the police department, water and sewage and police, and the County runs the schools, … Continue reading