- Do you see problems?
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Stale FCC data
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Getting Caught Up
- People on the Internet lie
- Herman Cain has died
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- Recognize my face?
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Fred Stiening said In a convoluted transaction, the former KFMB-AM in San Diego is now KGB-AM Clear...
- Fred Stiening said Some more texture https://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/...
- Fred Stiening said This is resolved now
- TheChairman said We're using Windows 7 and MX Linux here.
- TheChairman said Parrot – I'm here. Fred just mentioned Google was indexing the site a...
- Fred Stiening said Wikipedia seems to have removed the station website links for some reason
- Fred Stiening said It looks like the affiliates of English language China Radio International have...
- Fred Stiening said Not a huge surprise, but many radio stations are officially silent. This is th...
- fhiggins said Jim Bohannon feed works fine.
- Fred Stiening said I need someone to poke around on the web site. I have added a consent front-en...
- Fred Stiening said Clear Channel /iHeart is buying WWRL-AM in New York City to be part of its new B...
- Fred Stiening said 30ish years ago there was another Cafeteria operator called Morrison’s Cafeteria...
- Fred Stiening said I have a sense the Karens might be ready to wage war on the board president and...
- RebelSansClue said Congratulations! Our condo board appears to be made up of Karens. I suspect the...
- RebelSansClue said Sad. Living in New England, I've obviously never hear of them. Sounds like...
Monthly Archives: May 2018
Things are not as simple as they used to be
The news was reported first by the Boston Globe (which sits behind a paywall) https://nypost.com/2018/05/04/john-kerry-secretly-meeting-with-world-leaders-in-bid-to-save-iran-deal/ The framework was agreed to by the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council and the EU. Any attempt to apply unilateral sanctions against … Continue reading
Many people probably have no idea who the third largest (by number of stations) commercial radio station is – Townsquare is the one not in bankruptcy. After the radio bubble burst, a Private Equity firm created Townsquare, headquartered in the … Continue reading
NPR, WNYC (New York), WBEZ (Chicago) and This American Life have acquired Pocket Casts. https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/3/17314866/pocket-casts-podcast-app-acquisition-npr-wnyc-wbez-this-american-life The most surprising thing in the story is the new CEO is a veteran of iHeartradio