- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2018
Craig Karmazin (son of Mel, formerly of Infinity Broadcadting, CBS and SiriusXM) really likes spending money on sports. He is buying WTMJ-AM (and recently acquired translator) and an FM music station in Milwaukee for $16 million. The seller is Scripps … Continue reading
The process of getting a free security certificate finally got easy enough that I turned on full time https secure connections. No more man in the middle attacks or NSA snooping! I feel sure the EFF did not leak the … Continue reading
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/rnc-2020/article215204290.html Too bad the new Amtrak station won’t be ready for 6 years. The transcontinental railroad was built in 6 years digging by hand and without CAD software.
Iconic B103 in Philadelphia is beeing sold to Entercom (CBS) and Entercom’s Country WXTU-FM is being sold to Beasley. The bottom feeders are devouring the whales Inside Radio report
Ajit Pai’s support of a free internet is bearing fruit. This has quietly been happening, but shows what a new leader can do. FCC Chairman Pai has been working with broadcasters to get rid of pointless obligations or at least … Continue reading
The blue elevated line is the Tokyo Monorail built for the 1964 Olympics
One of the many non-financial corporations based in Charlotte is Nucor. While at the airport, we saw their private jet being stowed in the hangar. The registration on the tail was how I discovered the owner. Nucor is a competitor … Continue reading
Combine the ideas of Walmart and Amazon and the economies of technology will overwhelm the competition. How Many Robots Does It Take to Fill a Grocery Order? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/how-many-robots-does-it-take-to-fill-a-grocery-order Walmart has the distribution system and pickup concept working and Amazon has … Continue reading
On Saturday [back in January], Countess and I decided to go visit the remnants of Heritage USA down in Fort Mill, SC. It is located just south of the border between North and South Carolina. After Jim & Tammy Faye … Continue reading