The Infowars broadcast is live from 12 noon for 3:00 PM eastern time. As I’ve been reviewing radio stations the past few days, not only is Alex Jones not going away, he has picked up new affiliates among the independent radio stations.
Because I was paying attention, I was aware of the close relationship between Donald Trump, Roger Stone and Alex Jones in 2016. Almost every day Roger Stone was communicating information directly from the Trump campaign to Alex. Donald Trump even appeared on the Alex Jones show and made it clear that he was a long time listener to Alex Jones.
If Donald Trump is serious about running in 2024, or just getting payback on the Democrats, Alex Jones is likely to be a player.
A lot of the listeners to conservative radio seem to believe that Dan Bongino is the heir apparent to Rush Limbaugh, primarily based on a press release from Westwood One. I think his success is not guaranteed. Here is why:
- Despite the rants from the left, Rush Limbaugh and his audience were pretty moderate.
- Dan Bongino has no experience doing live radio other than occasional fillin. He has been doing a 1 hour podcast
- Waiting until late May to launch might miss the window of opportunity
- Advertisers may be scared of him – in the end, that drives the decisions
- IHeart is not going to pick up his show
- Cumulus / Westwood One has no backbone when it comes to controversy
- With the exception of Mark Levin, who they inherited from ABC radio, Westwood One has been increasingly ineffective in syndication beyond the stations owned by Cumulus
Bongino has appeared on Infowars with Alex Jones. They largely believe the same things.