Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Fred Stiening said WFOM-AM and its FM translator cannot even be heard in most of Atlanta. Dickey also own WCNN-AM, a station comparable to WSB in terms of signal. This tells me the Dickey family deliberately wants Rush to go away. The only other good AM candidate is...
- Fred Stiening said If you don’t know who Erick Erickson is, he operates redstate.com. here are a couple profiles of him https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/erick-erickson-adding-three-hour-radio-show-from-noon-about-georgia-politics-starting-wgau-athens/q6W7EZ...
- Fred Stiening said The first major affiliate to drop Rush Limbaugh has happened. It was not unexpected. Cox Radio has their own noon-3 guy (Erick Ericskon) they are syndicating, so they dropped “Rush lives on” from WSB-AM and WSBB-FM in Atlanta. Cox Radio w...
- Fred Stiening said Unlike the frequently quoted talkers.com, I am not dependent on advertising revenue from the radio biz and have no interest in schmoozing with people in radio management.
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
Author Archives: Fred Stiening
The founder of the guardian angels has decided he is going to run for mayor of New York City as a Republican. That means he’s got to stop being on the radio, at least temporarily. Curtis is 67 years old, … Continue reading
The Infowars broadcast is live from 12 noon for 3:00 PM eastern time. As I’ve been reviewing radio stations the past few days, not only is Alex Jones not going away, he has picked up new affiliates among the independent … Continue reading
Entercom Radio, which acquired the assets of CBS radio in 2017 has announced it is changing its name and moving its focus away from that obsolete technology called radio. This comes about a decade after Bob Pittman over at iHeart/Clear … Continue reading
While doing some review of websites, I got to WLS-AM in Chicago, and my database indicated there had been a licensee change and the new owner is Frank Keeton Aircasters. This was a total surprise to me. Not only does … Continue reading
This is a sticky post to list changes in radio
This started out as a comment on another post, but it’s worthy of its own discussion In case you aren’t aware, The Dana Show is syndicated by Radio America. Originally, she was a spokesperson for the NRA, she worked for … Continue reading
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/religion/2021/03/24/parent-company-of-christian-radios-k-love-and-air-1-moving-to-nashville/6973101002/ EMF is one of the few radio operators making money, in a non-profit sense. The K-Love and Air1 networks are almost as big as NPR or Clear Channel. They have decided to relocate from Rocklin California to Nashville, Tennessee … Continue reading
It is possible you were distracted and did not know that iconic WABC-am in New York City was sold a year ago to a local investor. Rita Cosby has just started a new show, replacing John Batchelor from 10:00 p.m. … Continue reading
Most visitors to the website probably do not know who Russ Martin was. Russ Martin was a local talent at the freeFM station in Dallas Texas. For a brief period, Mel Karmazin tried to save CBS radio from itself, until … Continue reading