- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- Fred Stiening said Source: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/187872/moody-radio-to-sell-three-am-stations
- Fred Stiening said Come on, radio is the theater of the mind!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Somehow, I don’t think that would have helped the Presidential Weekly Radio Address… not even if it was on FM. 😉
- Fred Stiening said The ratings would go through the roof if the president’s wife was lounging on a tiger skin rug in a skimpy bikini.
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about the fireside chats ? Don’t tell me they will be no more as well!?! 😉
- Fred Stiening said When a radio show doesn’t air and nobody notices, that’s a big hint https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/12/trump-killed-presidential-weekly-address-no-one-noticed/
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Uncategorized
My car said that it’s 103 degrees outside – i’m a little skeptical – 98 perhaps. I am a global heat denier. So after my relatively uneventful doctor appointment, I decided to go visit McDonald’s, joining the huddled masses yearning … Continue reading
The chicago-based Moody Bible institute was truly a pioneer in radio. They had to fend off NBC / RCA and the other early players in radio in the 1920s. Moody, along with the CFL labor union (WCFL) believed that radio … Continue reading
Need I say more? Be sure to click the affiliate links!
Where all the secrets are right out in plain sight
For the most part, this won’t really affect anybody, but in case somebody notices… Radio and TV and the FCC focus on this term called DMA, which stands for designated market area. It is similar to, but different than, the … Continue reading
Radio insight story Back in 2009, I did profiles on each of the major radio station owners, including mapleton. About mapleton The good news is they had some awesome parties while it lasted.
For several years, the “search for a station” has been much more flexible than it might appear at first. You can search for things like words in the description of the station, the licensee, keywords on their home page, and … Continue reading
Ants need to eat too!
I had recently read that the most valuable cities are worth $84 per year from radio commercials, or $0.23 a day This study goes into a lot more detail https://www2.deloitte.com/insights/us/en/industry/technology/technology-media-and-telecom-predictions/radio-revenue.html This might explain why religious networks who are getting $10 … Continue reading