Snowerism gone wild!

Are you people nuts?

image
How dare you disobey the Mayor of New York and walk around on the sidewalks in this blizzard!

Tuesday morning update – note there is no snow currently falling

image

image
5th Avenue – note that even though all traffic is banned, the snow is not being cleared

This entry was posted in Collapse of America, Individual Liberty. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Snowerism gone wild!

This morning’s news is the governor has announced the problem wasn’t he and the mayor of New York fighting over who would shut down New York’s subways – but the inaccurate weather forecasts. The solution is obvious – New York State will launch its own weather service to create more accurate forecasts.

Wunderground – I like it! I miss more cool stuff these days. How does it happen that we get old? It isn’t fair.

Does Bill Ayers still run that?

• TheChairman says:

I set the 10 Day Forecast tab to ‘graph’ view… probably the best presentation of relevant atmospheric data to make your own local predictions. Plus, you can customize which info you want to see presented: dew point, humidity, etc.

• foyle says:

I use Wunderground but with mixed feelings.
      1. The founder named the site as an homage to Ayers’ group.
      2. They were bought out by the Weather Channel in 2012, which means they will ultimately be absorbed by the Borg collective.
      3. Around the same time as TWC takeover they switched to their new crappy, just like every other site, look. Three years later I (and many others) still use classic.wunderground.com They will have to remove it from my cold dead (due to climate change, of course) fingers.
      4. The overall philosophy of the site is pro-“man caused” climate change. To the best of my knowledge, only Accuweather.com dares to question the climate change gospel amongst the major weather “providers”.

• TheChairman says:

Thanks for the tip about the ‘classic’ sub-domain. I had a hunch regarding the history behind the name, but never researched it.

Forgot about Accuweather… I just bookmarked their page. 🙂

Shockingly, the weather predictors grossly overestimated the amount of snow they predicted. Who will pay for the overreaction by Democratic politicians and Fox News?

The Charlotte Douglas International Airport is surely smiling. American/US Air has already made Charlotte a major hub where people change planes. You can’t uncancel the 6,000 airplane flights and the cancelled food shipments from trucks being kept off the roads of New England

• TheChairman says:

It was a slow hurricane season for all the meteorologist media whores, so they can’t resist sensationalizing winter… to validate their overblown self-image.

To me, it typifies the large number of college graduates in (liberal) ‘media arts’, communications, and meteorology over the past 20 years. i.e. Willful media propagandists for the climate change agenda and socialist solutions.

IMO, it was also a mass manipulation test: the ‘travel bans’, pre-cancellations, etc. Chicken Little has nothing on these clowns, they can scare half a nation…

Of course, anybody with an objective brain saw this coming. The fat lady began singing several years ago, when they started ‘naming’ winter storms.

Personally, I can’t stand to use the NOAA/NWS website anymore, it is so loaded with the ‘agenda’. Frankly, I just want radar, marine data, etc. Most other sites are just as bad. Fortunately, wunderground.com is still usable.