God Bless the USA (Obama Edition)

[Intro music]

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I stole for all my life
And I had to start again
With just my Crack pipe and my knife

I thank my lucky lotto card
To be living here today
‘Cause the EBT card still stands for free stuff
And they can’t take that away

And I’m proud to be an immigrant
Where at least I know everything is free
And I won’t forget the rich men who pay taxes
Who gave that right to me
And I’d gladly stand up behind BeyoncĂ©
And watch Her shake her bootay
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt
I love this place
God Damn the U.S.A.

From the polluted lakes of Mexico
To the nuclear waste dumps of Tennessee
Across the racists of Texas
From sea to Salton Sea

From 8 mile in Detroit down to the Oil Spill of BP
And Greenwich Village to south L.A.
There’s an Obama phone in every American hand
And it’s time we #hashtag and say

That I’m proud I’m not a Citizen
So every thing I want is free
And I won’t forget the LGBT people who voted
To give that stuff to me
And I’d gladly vote five times
And defend Obamacare today
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt
I love this place
God Damn the G.O.P.

[chorus]

This entry was posted in Collapse of America. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to God Bless the USA (Obama Edition)

Barry crack corn I don’t care,
    Barry crack corn I don’t care,
    Barry crack corn I don’t care,
    Ole Hillary gone away.

2. RebelSansClue says:

Long time, 1st time here. Great song, Art. Thank you for this site. I’ve been using it for years when my favorite talkshows are preempted or just not available in my area.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That Salton Sea line was a nice touch. The way is attracts refuse from Mexicali is a sly metaphor.

It is an interesting place. As I understand it, it was part of the ancient Colorado River bed that opened into the Gulf of California (or Sea of Cortez). Once the river changed course, the bed dried up… only to be accidentally flooded when a government dam broke 100 years ago and for months diverted the Colorado River into this valley rather than to the sea. After the dam was eventually repaired and the Colorado flowing back to the sea, people expected this Salton Sea to dry up in a year or two – that was over 100 years ago!

The water is diverted further down river and no longer makes it to the ocean or to Mexico. That leaves an interesting beach resort on the Mexican side without a fresh water river. The town is popular among people in Arizona as it is a close beach and often called “Arizona’s beach”.

Google images has some fascinating photos.

The Salton Sea is still fed from the North. I remember reading about this in Insight Magazine around 1993ish. Long term irrigation of farm land accumulates salt on the soil which eventually makes the soil unusable. In the Imperial Valley, they had both the irrigation canal and also a drainage canal.

The plan was that periodically the fields would be flooded with water (alluded to in the story), to flush out the salt and then drain the salt water runoff into the ocean.

Environmentalists succeeded in blocking building the canal to the sea, so the water was dumped into a swamp that feeds the Salton Sea. Then the complaint was that this was putting selenium into the Salton Sea and farming in The Imperial Valley mostly ceased.

The Colorado River crosses into Mexico and then back into the U.S. The countries have fought over how much water Mexico is allowed to take for farming and city use. At the time of the article, Mexico was dumping raw sewage and chemical waste into the river, and the US was trying to figure out how to keep that out of the Sea. I think there was discussion of the U.S. building a water treatment plant to treat the entire river flow and/or paying the costs for Mexico to build sewage treatment plants

There are streams from Mexico that feed into the Salton Sea in the US and those had sewage issues. There are similar issues with the streams that flow from Tiajuana to the north into the USA before going out to see.

I have followed the Colorodo by car to where it leaves California and crosses into Mexico. Then I followed if futher on its eastern shore in Arizona where its western shore was Mexico. I have also done so on google maps. There is no significant crossing the river back into the US once it is in Mexico. In fact, the I-8 bridge from California to Arizona over the river was over a dry river bed when I drove it. No sign of any blue. Instead, there was actually green including trees that you would not see in the desert just 100 yards away from the riverbed.

Checking with Google Maps

Not sure of they show the border correctly or if the River moved and the border didn’t. If it is the later, then the Colorado River crosses completely into and completely out of Arizona from Mexico countless times.

The river has changed course over time. The US built the All American Canal to divert the river just before it crosses into Mexico and sends the water north, flowing back South to the Salton Sea. The Canal had a huge seeping problem which caused enough water flow over to Mexico that Mexican farmers became dependent on it. A little less than 10 years ago, the canal was lined to keep the water in the U.S. The “new River” is what carries the Mexican sewage and Toxic waste north back across the border.

The history in one of the links is misleading. The failure of the canal did not create the Salton Sea. Prior to the human intervention. The sea was filled by flood waters, then when the flood receded, the sea would dry out over a period of years until the next flood. The botched irrigation canal cut a path that allowed the river to flow in all the time and diverted it away from the ocean, The level was so high they had to fix it to stop the sea from flooding the surrounding towns.

The proposed fix that never happened was to put in a canal to put the lake at sea level, which would make it much bigger and deeper. The Sea is already much saltier than the ocean (the same is true of the Mediterranean Sea). So sea water would make it less salty, except that evaporation would act to make it saltier.

Look at the Rio Grande on the other coast. People who say “just build a fence!” have no idea what a river traversing through flat land will do. Sections of the Mississippi River have the same problem.

There is no doubt that this river and almost all other rivers have changed course naturally over time. My question is really regard to the political definition of the border. In some instances, the border changes with the rivers, usually being the mid-point.

An interesting exception is the border between Delaware and New Jersey. For decades, Federal dredging maintained a ship channel to Philadelphia’s oil refineries to supply the northeast with Middle East oil. The sand dredged was deposited on the NJ riverbank but by definition the land extension of the NJ beach was part of Delaware. Now a small piece of Delaware is attached to NJ.

New news about the old New River created in 1905.

The Salton is in a fecal position, see? (ie, if you are planning a vacation to Rio, be sure it is not RĂ­o Nuevo).

Here’s the inside poop: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_River_(Mexico%E2%80%93United_States)

Trump should build a wall to keep the poop in Mexico.

The Dems prefer “electronic surveillance”.
              Cameras, and night goggles because they prefer to watch.

Don’t need any “sniffer dogs” to sniff that… they’d be out of there in a jiff.

Speaking of Rio, I am listening to Rio Connor on WMAL this afternoon. Lar (not Lars as in Lars Larson) is playing clips from the audio book of Shattered, published right after the 2016 election where it says that the day after the election, the Hillary team gathered in Brooklyn and generated talking points that the Russians stole the election. Fascinating stuff.

Here is some more of the background

Related to this is the Gadsen Purchase – the curious portion of Southern Arizona. The Southern Pacific needed that land to create a Southern route in the competition to build a transcontinental railroad without having to conquer the Rocky Mountains. The U.S. Government came to their aid – it was a national security issue of course.

4. foyle says:

wow… never knew you were a songwriter!