The world ends today at 2:20 PM ET

Be sure to have a radio or TV turned on.

This entry was posted in The FCC. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The world ends today at 2:20 PM ET

1. RebelSansClue says:

Yeah, I must say I’m pretty disappointed too. I ran up a bunch of credit card debt hoping I wouldn’t be around to have to pay it! šŸ™

2. JayMar says:

Thou art a false prophet. The good book says to beware of your ilk. I got scared and started drinking some 25yr Glen Livet Scotch and frankly I couldn’t care if the world does end, I would feel no pain. Just let me smoke one more cigar.

3. Fred Stiening says:

House vote was 348-77

Let the lawsuits begin!

Homeland Security needs to be prepared on Friday. We’ll need extra security around mosques to protect them from the alt-right

4. Fred Stiening says:

I was listening to KZRG and there was no EAS test. That’s 100% expected. The EAS gear is connected to the transmitter, not the audio input to the streaming server.

How did it go? Should I duck and cover?

5. Fred Stiening says:

The Senate just voted to override President Obama’s veto on the Saudi 9/11 bill.

One hour and 50 minutes until the world ends

Harry Reid (who is retiring) had predicted the Senate would support Obama. He was the only Senator to stick with Obama. The vote was 97-1

LOL Crazy ass Homeland security going to mess up another EAS testes no doubt.

I will be surprised if the Local cumu-lost station participates or they go off the air when they try to switch to the test,
    I ought to buy that station and run swap and shop all daylight while on the air.
    Or just play 1970’s music? Like they used to do, LOL Then I could have Emergency Broadcast System . If this had been an actual emergency you would have been advised where to go for security from North Korean weapons.
    Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Each station is required to file a report as to whether they received the test and whether their equipment correctly relayed it. There is a little snafu, however. Back in the day, radio owners had to have an engineer on site or at least on call to keep the transmitter working properly. As transmitters became solid state and more reliable, the FCC relaxed the rule, only requiring that the station have a contract with a company. A lot of issues can be diagnosed remotely. The really sophisticated transmitters will detect a problem, order a replacement part over the Internet, and the UPS guy shows up with a box. The repair is no more complicated than changing the inkjet cartridge in a printer.

So having an engineer personally present during the test may be a problem. I’ve raged on and on about the futility of having a national EAS capability. I can’t imagine any scenario in which the President of the United States would need to immediately address the entire country. In a national emergency, the last thing you want to do is induce panic. If there are a few minutes to organize things, we have a thing now called Network TV, and really sophisticated things like Twitter and facebook feeds

By the way, Homeland Security wants to impliment TSA screening for Amtrak trains and Buses.

7. JayMar says:

I didn’t know you were related to Brother Camping.

Says who – Hillary?