Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- Do you see problems?
- June knows heat
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Coloring the News
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Do the Democrats have a campaign strategy to run against Mike Pence?
The new owners of clear channel / iHeartRadio the apparently decided that there is money to be made by segregating news into black news and non-black news. https://www.binnews.com/ Some of the sponsors will look familiar
Several times, wordpress has returned incomplete pages. I have temporarily reverted back to the very basic default template
Ralph Ketner had a plan. He wanted to be someone important in the grocery business. From his first store right next to Catawba College, he launched his grocery empire in 1957. His grocery store was named Food Town. (Ralph Ketner … Continue reading
I have not figured out what to make of this yet, but as I started reviewing the radio station data, I realized that the updates have not been happening for many months. The reason is curious. As a sanity check … Continue reading
https://www.wfmynews2.com/amp/article/news/local/kw-cafeterias-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy/83-00a64abc-0322-4af0-a07c-7ec2867cdbcc My decision to return to North Carolina had many factors, but the K&W cafeteria was maybe 20% of the reason. Waffle House and Krispy Kreme also mattered. Since getting married, I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to go … Continue reading
When I turned off the web site, I did not delete the website based on the unlikely idea that civilization could fall apart, and it might be important for people to hear what’s going on in other parts of the … Continue reading