- Parrott said Well this is relevant again: ‘Muslims for the Bern’ again. You know he ( Bernie) did the voice for the Arrdvark in the Pink Panther cartoon when Jackie Mason was on vacation. super...
- Parrott said you don’t need a stinkin ID! You can vote anywhere /everywhere ! Especially in Virginia now. Our Governor is going on a sensitivity/Listening tour across Va. Parrott
- Parrott said Hmmmm. I see new Polls only. Oh well. Chairman, they had a show on Coast to Coast ( that I unfortunately missed) on ‘Doppelganger’ . It was the 16th I think. oh well. I could remember &...
- Fred Stiening said Lyndon LaRouche has died, or so they are telling us https://www.apnews.com/f37818ce7354487fa7d0032f032d2e03
- Fred Stiening said The polls have same day registration with no photo id
- TheChairman said Yes Parrott, I can see the polls. Seeing the face of ‘the chosen one’ is getting old. 😉 I’m using Opera. As for call letters, we have a few good ones in AZ: KVOI ‘The VoiceR...
- Fred Stiening said The thing about call signs is especially true on FM, made even worse by FM translators “you are listening to W208EJ, Springfield Vermont” Part of the reason has to do with international ag...
- Fred Stiening said We are both doing fairly well, but I have picked up some new issues with my heart. We both were in afib for a while. I have noticed (and my niece the doctor has confirmed) that I am having missed b...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I can see them, but I don’t have a voter ID. 😉
- Parrott said Yeah , use to be WWRC 570am. They were a good station back in the day, now they are called ‘the question’ or something like that. Really you have to come up with a duh station nam...
- TheChairman said Ah, I wondered why the only post visible on the blog last night was from 2014… figured maybe some system maintenance was being done. Speaking of ‘system health’, how are you and Coun...
- Fred Stiening said As a bonus, I noticed a free upgrade to the server – 32 GB more Solid State Disk, another TB/month outbound traffic and 4x the outbound bit rate
- TheChairman said So, to add to the radio insanity of the day: during Rush’s show this morning, I-Heart started playing a ‘promo’ trailer: “Monster: The Zodiac Killer. Get the app.” We found it...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Salem is an interesting thought. Remember about a year ago, Salem switched to 570 in the DC area. Salem’s WNYM in Hackensack gets very poor coverage in NJ – it also uses a very direction...
- Fred Stiening said WABC’s ratings are a mere shadow of their Zenith having lost Rush and Hannity to WOR-AM. Their rent for the studios must be pretty substantial. Conservative talk in New York was always a challenge...
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: About the Guide
Several years ago, I declared that “having a life” was more important than the web site – and if I was unable to keep the “average days since last review” of each radio below 180 days, I would need to … Continue reading
The 32 GB Amazon fire has arrived from the Matrix. If you ask Alexa for a specific radio station, it will use iHeartradio or Tunein to find a radio station stream. Trying to play streams from here does not work … Continue reading
Yesterday was a watershed day – for those who have been here a while (back to 2009 or earlier), I’ve struggled with the perception of doctors and the public (in general) that a man who weighs 260 pounds is a … Continue reading
The newly minted Mrs Fred Stiening has some things to say to the world (beyond what an adorable guy I am…) Both of us will be a bit occupied for a few weeks as she relocates to the Charlotte mansion, … Continue reading
Last night, I was showing a dear friend what FindAnISP.com looked like (it has been dead for at least 10 years). Archive.org tries to capture copies of everthing and still has copies. So lets turn back Mr Peabody’s wayback machine … Continue reading
The ongoing search for the dinosaurs is zeroing in on Louisburg North Carolina.
Streaming radio guide is now accepting applications for the position of social director. Responsibilities include keeping track of the ostriches, giving out Radio purchasing advice, making people laugh, and replenishing the spork supply cabinet. Compensation includes 1 million SRGuide points … Continue reading
For anyone that’s interested in reading the past, you’ll find archive links at the bottom of the right column to look at a month at a time of all the wonderful things that Lie beneath
A few months ago, I posted information about Apple ios 10 blocking access to websites without a secure connection, if you wanted to tell a website your GPS location. I use that capability in the “show me radio/TV stations near … Continue reading