Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Fred Stiening said WFOM-AM and its FM translator cannot even be heard in most of Atlanta. Dickey also own WCNN-AM, a station comparable to WSB in terms of signal. This tells me the Dickey family deliberately wants Rush to go away. The only other good AM candidate is...
- Fred Stiening said If you don’t know who Erick Erickson is, he operates redstate.com. here are a couple profiles of him https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/erick-erickson-adding-three-hour-radio-show-from-noon-about-georgia-politics-starting-wgau-athens/q6W7EZ...
- Fred Stiening said The first major affiliate to drop Rush Limbaugh has happened. It was not unexpected. Cox Radio has their own noon-3 guy (Erick Ericskon) they are syndicating, so they dropped “Rush lives on” from WSB-AM and WSBB-FM in Atlanta. Cox Radio w...
- Fred Stiening said Unlike the frequently quoted talkers.com, I am not dependent on advertising revenue from the radio biz and have no interest in schmoozing with people in radio management.
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
Category Archives: About the Guide
Several years ago, I declared that “having a life” was more important than the web site – and if I was unable to keep the “average days since last review” of each radio below 180 days, I would need to … Continue reading
The 32 GB Amazon fire has arrived from the Matrix. If you ask Alexa for a specific radio station, it will use iHeartradio or Tunein to find a radio station stream. Trying to play streams from here does not work … Continue reading
Yesterday was a watershed day – for those who have been here a while (back to 2009 or earlier), I’ve struggled with the perception of doctors and the public (in general) that a man who weighs 260 pounds is a … Continue reading
The newly minted Mrs Fred Stiening has some things to say to the world (beyond what an adorable guy I am…) Both of us will be a bit occupied for a few weeks as she relocates to the Charlotte mansion, … Continue reading
Last night, I was showing a dear friend what FindAnISP.com looked like (it has been dead for at least 10 years). Archive.org tries to capture copies of everthing and still has copies. So lets turn back Mr Peabody’s wayback machine … Continue reading
The ongoing search for the dinosaurs is zeroing in on Louisburg North Carolina.
Streaming radio guide is now accepting applications for the position of social director. Responsibilities include keeping track of the ostriches, giving out Radio purchasing advice, making people laugh, and replenishing the spork supply cabinet. Compensation includes 1 million SRGuide points … Continue reading
For anyone that’s interested in reading the past, you’ll find archive links at the bottom of the right column to look at a month at a time of all the wonderful things that Lie beneath
A few months ago, I posted information about Apple ios 10 blocking access to websites without a secure connection, if you wanted to tell a website your GPS location. I use that capability in the “show me radio/TV stations near … Continue reading