Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The '80s until now
- GDPR Notice
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- Alexa Bombing
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- Fun with snowflakes
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- US Chamber of Commerce explains Common Core Math
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Category Archives: About the Guide
Several years ago, I declared that “having a life” was more important than the web site – and if I was unable to keep the “average days since last review” of each radio below 180 days, I would need to … Continue reading
The 32 GB Amazon fire has arrived from the Matrix. If you ask Alexa for a specific radio station, it will use iHeartradio or Tunein to find a radio station stream. Trying to play streams from here does not work … Continue reading
Yesterday was a watershed day – for those who have been here a while (back to 2009 or earlier), I’ve struggled with the perception of doctors and the public (in general) that a man who weighs 260 pounds is a … Continue reading
The newly minted Mrs Fred Stiening has some things to say to the world (beyond what an adorable guy I am…) Both of us will be a bit occupied for a few weeks as she relocates to the Charlotte mansion, … Continue reading
Last night, I was showing a dear friend what FindAnISP.com looked like (it has been dead for at least 10 years). Archive.org tries to capture copies of everthing and still has copies. So lets turn back Mr Peabody’s wayback machine … Continue reading
The ongoing search for the dinosaurs is zeroing in on Louisburg North Carolina.
Streaming radio guide is now accepting applications for the position of social director. Responsibilities include keeping track of the ostriches, giving out Radio purchasing advice, making people laugh, and replenishing the spork supply cabinet. Compensation includes 1 million SRGuide points … Continue reading
For anyone that’s interested in reading the past, you’ll find archive links at the bottom of the right column to look at a month at a time of all the wonderful things that Lie beneath
A few months ago, I posted information about Apple ios 10 blocking access to websites without a secure connection, if you wanted to tell a website your GPS location. I use that capability in the “show me radio/TV stations near … Continue reading