TEA Party is Toast

Today was primary day for six states. The Republican “establishment” didn’t even break out in a sweat.

Mitch McConnell will either be reelected to the US Senate or Democrats will retain control.

Dinesh D’Souza has plead guilty to violating campaign laws and headed to Prison. Perhaps he can spend the 10 months writing another book about Barack Obama.

This entry was posted in 2014 Election, American Politics, Collapse of America. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to TEA Party is Toast

Lack of leadership. Best thing for this country and instead we put the same clowns back in the circus. Dinesh and his attorneys opted for the lesser of the evils. All of this being the outcome of doing a movie about His Supremeness.

” Perhaps he can spend the 10 months writing another book about Barack Obama.”

It takes a village idiot… what about a book about Hillary? lol

The ChiTrib article in the link above includes this line:

“Former congresswoman Marjorie Margolies, Chelsea Clinton’s mother-in-law, lost her bid to return to Congress from Pennsylvania despite an appearance on her behalf by former President Bill Clinton.”

Reason for optimism!

I’ve wondered from time to time if theUS would be in better condition if Hillary had won in 2008. I’ve also wondered if there was a connection between the financial collapse in 2008 and the markets believing Barack Obama was going to win.

I just saw part of his speech on the Federal single payer healthcare system for Veterans. Regarding the felony of falsifying federal records so the government union employees would receive bonuses he said he was holding those union employees accountable – he has had them placed them on paid administrative leave (i.e., a paid vacation until the media has this crisis blow over).

One of my favorite topics to start a fight is that the US Military is the largest advocates of Socialism in the United States. Many (most?) military live in housing built by the government on government land, eat at communal meals, shop at government run stores that choose what they can buy, give up their 1st amendment rights, get health care provided by the government, send their children to military run colleges, etc

A lot of this has been driven by the military’s dependence on technology as Americans are having fewer children (75% of which are unfit for service!). Teaching a grunt how to fire a rifle and eat K rations can cycle conscripts through and dispose of them in a couple years. Running an Aegis cruiser, launching planes from an aircraft carrier, or doing in-flight refueling of combat aircraft requires people with a lifetime commitment to be in the military.

Talk on the radio is that the average private practice doctor sees 8 times as many patients per week as the average government employee doctor working for the VA.

• briand75 says:

Art’s comment about the military and socialism – you are no longer a citizen when you join the military. You are part of the government system. While this would seem small, it is the reason for the government is everything life. I remember realizing this at an early point in my service and having some qualms about what I had done.

As a teenager looking at the possibility of heading off to SouthEast Asia, I was having difficulty reconciling the Jeffersonion “Right to Liberty” and the 13th Amendment prohibition on Involuntary Servitude with the concept that the US government could take control of my life for an indefinite period, having committed no crime – and make me kill other human beings. It was extremely unlikely I would have been qualified due to my vision, and Richard Nixon had ended the draft before I turned 18 in 1973 – so I never had to find out for sure.

I have this silly notion that if world events (like 9/11 or Pearl Harbor) are perceived as an existential threat to the United States, there will be no shortage of people volunteering to serve in the defense of their country. One of the reasons I refused to support Ronald Reagan was his reinstating Selective Service “Just in Case”. Just in case we need to involuntarily round up young men because of the next Gulf of Tonkin “crisis” manufactured by the government?

Art, I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980 because he campaigned to end the Selective Service “Just in Case” that President Carter had reinstated. If memory serves, Carter did it as a result of the Afghanistan war.

I voted against Reagan (and for the Libertarian candidate) in 1984 because Reagan had not kept his promise- instead he had invaded Granada.

Your memory was better than mine. Reagan ran on abolishing draft registration, then didn’t do it – and made the penalties for noncompliance significant more dramatic.

My concerns about bringing him into needy more related to the YAF people I exposed to as a young man – and their almost religious zealotry toward Ronald Reagan. We could’ve done worst, but he didn’t improve my opinion by 1984 and that was probably the only time I voted for a Democrat President.

My primary care nurse niece points to the VA of a great example of how things should be run. If we were still talking, eventually I was going to ask her for some more background material.

To the extent she gave me details, it was because the doctor has access to all of the patient’s medical history in one place. She’s not saying it is great for patients – it is great for the doctor.

There are a couple differences – since the VA care is provided by one organization, you don’t have the HIPAA privacy issues of doctors sharing patient information. The second is that people in the military are used to following orders. If the VA doctor says “Take this pill!”, non-compliance is probably not an issue.

3. The lesser charge that Dinesh pleaded guilty to rarely results in anything other than a fine and/or community service. If he goes to prison, it will be because the sentencing judge has a political agenda.

4. prboylan says:

I haven’t checked the Georgia precinct returns yet, but when I do I suspect I’ll see that the “Republican establishment” results here will be due to the Progressives in metro Atlanta. Georgia is starting to resemble Virginia and Washington state, where Arlington and Seattle carry those states despite the fact that 90% of the voters in small towns and rural areas vote conservative/libertarian.

Charlotte is the same thing (and Research Triangle) – and I don’t think it is just random movement of people. The Progressives are on a religious Crusade to stamp out pockets of resistance.

“I haven’t checked the Georgia precinct returns yet, but when I do I suspect I’ll see that the “Republican establishment” results here will be due to the Progressives in metro Atlanta.”

Well, Republican establishment is true, but I prefer the term “business establishment Republicans” – they are the ones that carve out high fructose corn syrup for the American diet, and fuel line destructive ethanol for our small engines, as well as the complex tax code and as well as crony capitalism that they call “government-private partnership” also known as fascism.

So the question is do you prefer crony capitalism or do you believe we are taxed-enough-already?

6. Nidster says:

Jim Bridenstine (R-OK), Ben Sasse (R-NE), Alex Mooney (R-WV), and Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) advanced to the general elections. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) made it to a run-off for the U.S. House scheduled for July 22.

June 3rd are the following four primary elections:
    Chris McDaniel (R-MS) — U.S. Senate
    Joni Ernst (R-IA) — U.S. Senate
    Chad Mathis (R-AL) — U.S. House, 6th District
    Matt Schultz (R-IA) — U.S. House, 3rd District

There are more out there, just can’t come up with all the names.