Geraldo declares war on Cumulus

Facebook Rant

At least at the moment, his local show has not been removed from the WABC web site

This entry was posted in Cumulus Media. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Geraldo declares war on Cumulus

  1. Fred Stiening says:

    The rumors are Geraldo has been replaced by two hours of infomercials from 10am to noon – perhaps permanently.

    Maybe they plan to switch WABC-AM back to 1960s music with an FM Translator in New Jersey

  2. Fred Stiening says:

    CMLS stock is up 39% today. Cause and effect?

  3. Fred Stiening says:

    Geraldo’s page is now gone and he ceases to exist in radio. It’s hard to get a web person to work on a holiday weekend

  4. Fred Stiening says:

    Most of the fans posting comments don’t understand that a radio contract does not guarantee access to the microphone, and almost all contracts have a non-compete clause. Tom Leykis had to sit out for almost three years off the air until his contract and non-compete ran out. If Geraldo does “win” in court that he had a verbal understanding of a contract extension, all that means is he would be kept silent for another year. He would be almost 74 years old by then.

    Generally speaking, verbal contracts are not worth the paper they aren’t written on. Unless there are witnesses, the only person who could support his claim is Mr Dickey (presumably John). The conversation probably went something like this:

    Geraldo: Hello Mr Dickey
    Dickey: Hello Geraldo – love your show!
    Geraldo: You know my contract runs out soon?
    Dickey: Is that so?
    Geraldo: Will it be extended?
    Dickey: I like your work. I’ll discuss it with the program Director later

  5. briand75 says:

    A likeable buffoon. I even watched for Al Capone’s treasure with anticipation.

    • Fred Stiening says:

      When I “liked” a comment about Geraldo pimping his daughter over being a victim of the Paris soccer stadium bombings, I noticed THE Tom Leykis had already liked that comment. The soccer (football for the argumentative types) match continued for 90 minutes without interruption. Most people in the stadium were unaware anything had happened. The only 3 people killed were the 3 wearing suicide vests, after security detected the vests.

      Any reports you saw saying the fans were panicked and ran onto the field are fraudulent reports. After the match was over, people did go on the field, but not because of the explosion.

Leave a Reply