Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- Tunein has legal issues
- Alexa Bombing
- Getting Caught Up
- To Infinity and Beyond
- No need to lie
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- Fred Stiening said The past few days, I resumed listening to radio. There is not much there. Today’s announcement that iHeartRadio is acquiring Trident digital emphasizes that everything is moving to on demand podcasting. If it isn’t live, over the air radi...
- prboylan said Bottom line is that ERCOT was not allowed to temporarily exceed ANY Federal Emission limits so as to meet the expected increased demand, until it had shown that all other options (including negotiating power buys from utilities in other states on the...
- prboylan said A very sad day. We knew it was coming, but hoped for a miracle- as we always do when someone receives a terminal prognosis. End of an era? I hope not, but as the baby boomers age out it will be very hard to attract any critical thinking audience f...
- Parrott said Hey Guys, well, I agree ‘RebelSansClue’ end of an era is understatement . I listened to Rush first time in late summer 88, at lunch break in my truck at work, WFIR, sometimes taking a lite power-nap of 20 minutes . I drifted away...
- RebelSansClue said Amen. The king is dead. Long live the king.
- RebelSansClue said I know it’s trite, but it’s really the end of an era. There will never be another like him. I’m grateful to have been an off and on listener of his show since 1992. Obviously, we knew this day was coming, but it’s still shocki...
- fhiggins said RIP Rush
- Fred Stiening said Thanks for pointing that out. The author, Paul Farhi, is a DC based financial and entertainment reporter for the Washington Post news syndicate.. He talked to all of the usual suspects. Of course, Rush Limbaugh is not going to talk to him for obvio...
- fhiggins said Article about the decline of conservative talk radio and your comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-is-ailing-and-so-is-the-conservative-talk-radio-industry/ar-BB1dwZaj
- Fred Stiening said This is going nowhere. He started with a 5-minute filler as if he was still a slave to a hourly clock. Then we had another 5 minutes of unfocused talk about the weather. How is a truck driver on the road supposed to listen to a streaming YouTube show...
- Fred Stiening said Steve Sommers is now live streaming on YouTube https://youtu.be/3Q3xqMzc3R0
- fhiggins said Buffet’s are done
Category Archives: Cumulus Media
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/06/05/cumulus-media-adopts-anti-takeover-defense.html The market capitalization of Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) is down to a mere $14 million, carrying debt of around $2.4 billion. The board just executed a preferred rights agreement intended to block a takeover attempt if any owner or … Continue reading
Jon Grayson was originally doing an overnight show on KMOX in Saint Louis – CBS radio spread the show to its own stations, and then went into wider syndication by Westwood One, now owned by Cumulus Media. The main competitors … Continue reading
Nasdaq has several rules that a stock must follow in order to remain listed. One of the most important is a minimum stock price of $1 per share. The Cumulus stock had been down around $.30 a share since the … Continue reading
Gregg Knapp used to do a syndicated show distributed by the venerable Radio America. Recently, he has been doing a local talk show on KCMO in Kansas City Missouri. He just got the word that the new Greg Knapp experience … Continue reading
[Written December 28 2014] Cumulus Media, which acquired the ABC Radio legacy is ending its involvement after this week by switching to CNN “Features” at the top of the hour. According to my count, 33 Cumulus News/Talk stations currently carry … Continue reading
[written August 12, 2015 – Rdio has since folded and was acquired by Pandora]] This apparently has been in the works for a while. Rdio is a global streaming service created by the guys who invented Skype. It competes with … Continue reading
This morning’s mailbag contained the news that KGO-AM has killed their entire lineup. KGO is located in San Francisco and used to be a “progressive” talk station, long before Air America. One of its most famous alumni is Bernie Ward, … Continue reading
CBS Radio is in play. Now that Sumner Redstone is out of the picture at Viacom and CBS, rapid change may be in the air. Les Moonves runs CBS, and CBS radio is a division within CBS. CBS Radio is … Continue reading
Mary Berner, the new CEO of Cumulus Media, held her first full year conference call with Wall Street investors Thursday after the market closed. This is the first quarter for which she was responsible for running the company. The financial … Continue reading