- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Cumulus Media
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/06/05/cumulus-media-adopts-anti-takeover-defense.html The market capitalization of Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) is down to a mere $14 million, carrying debt of around $2.4 billion. The board just executed a preferred rights agreement intended to block a takeover attempt if any owner or … Continue reading
Jon Grayson was originally doing an overnight show on KMOX in Saint Louis – CBS radio spread the show to its own stations, and then went into wider syndication by Westwood One, now owned by Cumulus Media. The main competitors … Continue reading
Nasdaq has several rules that a stock must follow in order to remain listed. One of the most important is a minimum stock price of $1 per share. The Cumulus stock had been down around $.30 a share since the … Continue reading
Gregg Knapp used to do a syndicated show distributed by the venerable Radio America. Recently, he has been doing a local talk show on KCMO in Kansas City Missouri. He just got the word that the new Greg Knapp experience … Continue reading
[Written December 28 2014] Cumulus Media, which acquired the ABC Radio legacy is ending its involvement after this week by switching to CNN “Features” at the top of the hour. According to my count, 33 Cumulus News/Talk stations currently carry … Continue reading
[written August 12, 2015 – Rdio has since folded and was acquired by Pandora]] This apparently has been in the works for a while. Rdio is a global streaming service created by the guys who invented Skype. It competes with … Continue reading
This morning’s mailbag contained the news that KGO-AM has killed their entire lineup. KGO is located in San Francisco and used to be a “progressive” talk station, long before Air America. One of its most famous alumni is Bernie Ward, … Continue reading
CBS Radio is in play. Now that Sumner Redstone is out of the picture at Viacom and CBS, rapid change may be in the air. Les Moonves runs CBS, and CBS radio is a division within CBS. CBS Radio is … Continue reading
Mary Berner, the new CEO of Cumulus Media, held her first full year conference call with Wall Street investors Thursday after the market closed. This is the first quarter for which she was responsible for running the company. The financial … Continue reading