Fear in Detroit

Conservative radio host Ben Shapiro is pulled over by a police car for following another police car who is giving him an escort to the airport. The police car who pulls him over claims there are fake police cars in Detroit. It is a really bizarre story.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Fear in Detroit

Two things tonight. First, General Motors: I listened to Rush today. he said that GM CEO mary Barra didn’t expect President Trump to tweet that GM sucks for closing plants in North America. What the hell did she expect. President Trump is pro-America. He will put on his ceremonial loin cloth and fight for U.S.
    They have lost their mind. Tesla will buy one or two of GM’s plants and their won’t be no stinkin union. They better quit votin’
    Democrat.

I’d like Fred to comment on GM management since he possibly interacted with them back in the day.

second. I now like Evan Williams, ‘Single barrel vintage, Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey’. Its pretty smooth,
    Also, I put the winter tires on the JK Rubicon Jeep. It snowed tonight,. just in time.

Does anyone believe these Russian collusion heir Mueller is doing against President Trump ?
    I would like to be an Owl.
    best

My contacts with GM – I did contract work for Oldsmobile (Lansing Michigan) in 1982-83, Buick (Flint) 84/5 and a brief time at the GM Parts division in Schwartz Creek Michigan. I also did consulting at Chrysler when it was still in Highland Park (Detroit). I almost did work for AMC/Jeep, but I mishandled the negotiations.

The car industry was not well understood outside of Michigan. The most important thing I learned to understand the car business was that when the UAW contract was up for renewal, the big three fought to try to make sure it was their plants that were struck. The strike target then got to negotiate the terms of the new contract, which allowed them to disadvantage their competitors by putting in things the others could not afford. The contract was a “blanket” contract that covered all plants represented by the UAW. Most of the time, GM gave away things it knew Ford could not afford.

The adversarial relationship between hourly workers and management wasn’t as real as it may have appeared. Union leaders and GM management both recognized the value of a car oligarchy to freeze out competition and innovations. We just recently watched Tucker: The man and his dream – it suggests that the collusion to suppress an upstart car maker was very broad, not just the car companies, but the steel companies, bankers, politicians in DC and media personalities.

• TheChairman says:

Many years ago I read that GM gets a ‘royalty’ (for lack of a better word) from every barrel of oil sold in the U.S. Not sure if it was imported, domestic, or all oil… or if the arrangement still exists.

I believe Tesla has been getting those checks now, from federal taxpayers like you and me. 😉

Now that more than a handful of subsidized electric cars are on the road, some issues are going to surface. While Tesla’s cars get around 130 mpg of electric gasoline equivalents, they are not paying gasoline excise taxes to maintain the highways. Eventually, the “electric grid” is going to have capacity problems when there are millions of cars plugged in at night. Now that Teslas are showing up in Minnesota, the limitations of electric cars in cold weather are showing up.

The real problems will start when the spent batteries start showing up in landfills.

The landfills will make “Love Canal” near Buffalo look quaint in comparison.

With Harry Ried gone, maybe Yucca Mountain will finally be put to use?