Obamacare IL is having a party!

Español

Join us for FREE programs and Services at the
Be Covered Illinois Care Fair!

Sunday, October 6, 2013 • 11AM — 5PM
Chicago Indoor Sports
3900 S. Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60609

FREE ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Flu shots*
• Fun Family Activities
• Community resources
• Health Screenings*
• Enroll in Health Insurance and get
  information about the new health care law
• Free bag of healthy groceries*
*First come, first served

Please bring the following documents to enroll into the health insurance marketplace:
• Proof of Citizenship or Immigration
  Status/Legal Residency (Social security number,
  passport, immigration document status number)
• State Residency (Driver’s License or Utility Bill)
• Income for all family members (W-2s, pay stubs, or proof of
  unemployment)
• Current Health Insurance (Policy numbers for any current
  health insurance and information about job related health
  insurance)
For more information about this event, call: 888.809.2796

www.BeCoveredIllinois.org

Facebook.com/becovered.org

twitter.com/BeCovered
Compliments of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois

About Be Covered Illinois
Be Covered Illinois is a grassroots educational campaign introducing uninsured Illinoisans to the new health insurance options available under the Affordable Care Act. The campaign provides user-friendly information and on-the-ground guidance to help families understand the new health care law. We work with community-based organizations and partners large and small to reach people where they live, work, learn, worship, text and tweet. The campaign will join with partners to educate their members, to hold neighborhood events linking families to services, and to help Illinoisans Be Covered.

300 E. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601
© Copyright 2013 Health Care Service Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Home  Important Information  Unsubscribe

This entry was posted in American Politics, Collapse of America. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Obamacare IL is having a party!

This is a new wrinkle – how do I prove I’m unemployed if I don’t/won’t collect unemployment?

You’re not- you’ve dropped out of the labor market. If your kind were counted as unemployed, the government’s unemployment rate would be double today’s political rate.

But the info above demands proof that I’m unemployed.

I’ll sign a document saying that I am not employing you, Art. That leaves 299,999,999 others in the USA that might be, as well as a host of corporations. I think people are crossing the border faster than you can get their signatures. lol

The reason is a huge flaw in the subsidy. Let’s say I claim I’m unemployed and expect no income at all next year (which could be true)… Oh, this gets even uglier… If my income is less than the poverty level, I get $0 subsidy. If I claim my income will be $11,500, I will get a subsidy of $7,103 and pay $230/yr

If January 2nd I go to work and make $50,000 during the year, I was eligible for none of the subsidy – but when I do my 2014 taxes, I only have to give $1750 back – but if I earn $60k, then I have to pay back the entire $7,103

Let the gaming begin!

“Compliments of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, a Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.” – from Art above

It’s like the Obamaphone – the more people they get to sign up, the greater revenue they get from from the people that pay for the subsidies.

BCBS spent $9,199,063 for lobbying in 2006 (per http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Blue_Cross_and_Blue_Shield_Association )

Bc/bs runs the high risk HIPAA pool I’m in currently in IL (paying about $660 a month for a high deductible, high copayment account). I have yet to use it for anything.

BC/BS of NC was the first big player to sign up to play in the Obamacare exchange (now disbanded), but they are all geared up for business.

My father back in the 1960s explained to me that Blue Cross/Shield was started by doctors. By switching to a prepaid insurance model, the patient has no leverage with the doctor if they are unhappy with their treatment (or they’re dead). It effectively gets them out of the bill collection business. His rather quaint view (in 2013 terms) was that people having health insurance was a sign of poverty – people who wouldn’t be able to pull together the cash for an unexpected medical bill.

The entity that so far seems MIA is United Healthcare. They were close to the people who wrote the bill and have a large nationwide presence. I’ve had the working theory that when the ACA crashes and burns that United Healthcare will step up to run the universal coverage plan for the government.

Note that while undocumented migrant workers are not eligible for a subsidy, residents here legally are.