This may be final post

Having just spoken with the doctor in charge of my case, it appears as I am headed to a skilled nursing care facility, at least for the short term.

I am more significantly sick than  I believed to this point – I am in B 12 deficiency, anemia, diabetes…

Countess / Robyn will not know what to do.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to This may be final post

1. Fred Stiening says:

I have had no contact with Brian in a long time – he may also be doing little

2. TheChairman says:

Often, they send people to short term care for cost efficiency and to free up hospital beds. Those conditions are all treatable, but will require ‘lifestyle’ changes (dietary)… which is part of skilled care. i.e. To finish recuperation and guide your self treatment.

How is Countess?

So the only real obstacle to going back home was concern about my ability to walk safely. Ultimately, I checked myself out AMA (Against Medical Advice). I can’t tell you how awful the place was.

Yesterday, a semi-retired old school primary doctor came here for two hours doing a thorough history and exam. We walked around and he seemed generally comfortable with my walking ability. But I have DVTs in both legs apparently, that will have me on blood thinner for a while. I actually have an IVC filter from my incident in 2009, so the DVT is not so ominous

Countess is exhausted. I am paying for home health aids to visit, in part to take pressure off her. I expect that to taper off over the next week or two

• TheChairman says:

Which place was awful? Hospital, skilled care, or both? I didn’t want to frighten you at the time, but I did a Yelp search on that hospital; it’s rated 2.5, with people either loving it or hating it.

Where was that photo taken?

I’ve been laying low for past 2+ weeks, urgent dental issues.

Glad you’re both at home recovering and have some help.

The picture was the room at the skilled nursing facility.

For the most part, CMS Mercy was tolerable, but they went overboard on hydration,which ballooned my legs, making it difficult to walk and I wound up with DVTs

Yeah don’t give up Fred. Chairman is correct , skilled care, to help get you back on your feet again. Sweet potatoes, Fish ( Salmon, trout & Catfish) and salads.
    Mrs Parrott doesn’t allow me croutons, but I am allowed sunflower seeds and artichoke hearts. I don’t like liver. Green beans are good. Yeah its tough. I miss biscuits and gravy. Good thing is, eggs are great for breakfast now. I miss toast.
    Yeah, if Countess can keep us updated on here, thats cool. You focus on getting better .
    My father in-law is diabetic, he does pretty good. He is 76. You just have to plan meals more.
    we’re praying for you , Fred, and also Countess. hang tough dude !
    Parrott

4. haiti222 says:

Prayers to both of you. I would echo that a skilled nursing facility is to control costs, not that you will be there forever. A cynic would say they will keep you there as long as they can get approval to pay for your staying there….May G-d give you luck…..

5. Driving north through the “Fredquarters” (aka Charlotte metro) on I-85. All the best to you and Countess, and Happy New Year to all in our SRG fan family!

Happy New Year everyone !
    Here’s to wishing you a prosperous & healthy 2019 !
    Best wishes