What if there was a US / Russia war and Russia refused to play

I like to think out-of-the-box.

What if Vladimir Putin got on television today and said – “Russia surrenders”?

“I’ve ordered the Russian military to destroy all of our tanks, airplanes, ships, and submarines in place, and turn over launch authority of our nuclear weapons to the Secretary-General of the United Nations. I hereby dissolve the government of the country of Russia and turning over governing authority to the United Nations, from which we will resign our seat on the Security Council”

“Your Move”

What now?

This entry was posted in Global Instability, War and not War, War in Europe. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to What if there was a US / Russia war and Russia refused to play

One of my favorite songs as a kid in the 1960s addressed this and holds up amazingly well nearly half a century later. I’ll bet you had never heard it or associated an anti-war song with this under respected group:

Is there a functioning brain cell in all of Washington, DC?

Here we have a fine individual who is astute at any number of things in life, but has never held office and can offer in one statement one of the most subtle approaches to US versus Russia interactions in memory. I think our political apparatus is chock full of lawyers and other so-called professionals that couldn’t get a job in the real world if their lives depended on it.

I hope Vlad gets the chance to read this thread.

3. lasong says:

These countries are all in Russias camp. I doubt Russia will need to surrender they have created many sleeper cells and mafia orginizations here. It’s the oligarchs and money men here who will decide, not Obama.

– what will Turkey want?

– what (if anything) do Pakistan and India do?

– what does the United States do with Cuba?

Subtopics: Assuming my premise and it is real and carried out

– how does this affect US military spending?