Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The '80s until now
- GDPR Notice
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Alexa Bombing
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- Fun with snowflakes
- US Chamber of Commerce explains Common Core Math
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Category Archives: Global Instability
NY Times coverage The “deep state” is likely very unhappy about this development. Fifty-four years is enough time to shield Camelot from public scrutiny. We need to know if Oliver Stone got the facts right. The baby boomers deserve to … Continue reading
SimCity is a video game that goes back to 1989 that appears to have become the primary influence on urban planners. In the game, you start with empty land, and you control the development of the growth of the city … Continue reading
With the law passed by the Republican Congress to allow the 9/11 complicity lawsuit against the Saudi government, evidence is piling up of direct Saudi government involvement in 9/11 The NY Post carries a report detailing evidence gathered by the … Continue reading
Which comes first – do Democrats cause city governments to fail, or do cities fail and then elect Democrats? https://apnews.com/da0ff4117335443ab66d27118c63980d
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/05/south-korea-minister-redeploying-us-nuclear-weapons-tensions-with-north From his words, it is pretty clear Putin will be protecting North Korea, starting with blocking UN actions.
Following Donald Trump’s speech about Afghanistan, I mentioned to Mrs. Stiening that we haven’t heard much about Yemen recently. Now we have. The US backed Saudi effort to destroy resistance to Saudi interference in Yemen is two years old now. … Continue reading
The Washington Post suddenly discovered this issue because they think they can tie Stephen Bannon to it https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/steve-bannon-once-guided-a-global-firm-that-made-millions-helping-gamers-cheat/2017/08/04/ef7ae442-76c8-11e7-803f-a6c989606ac7_story.html For several years, I played an online game called Runescape. Between the gold farmers and the efforts to stop the gold farmers, … Continue reading
NY Times Joe Rago was a very smart editorial writer for the Wall Street Journal. He was a fierce critic of Obamacare and a frequent guest on the John Batchelor show. He was found dead in his apartment when he … Continue reading
Cheerwine Cola was invited to the White House https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/07/17/remarks-president-trump-made-america-product-showcase