- TheChairman said Likewise for the actual links to stories; many of the sites have a paywall or subscriber login before they'll show you the article. Drudge is being 'gamed' as much as he gamed his ...
- Fred Stiening said Now that I am aware of this, I notice the quality of the ads on Drudge has fallen off a cliff. I just got an advertisement for grooming products for male pubic hair. Sheesh.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. I go back to the days when everyone had not only a right to their own thoughts but a right to express them (short of making threats or fraud). As I kid, we freely talked about things we love...
- TheJerseyDevil said True CC, but in Canada and most of the U.S. media, "hate speech" can only come from one direction.
- Fred Stiening said In response to a question about whether Vladimir Putin believes he’s being helped by the useful idiots in the Democratic Party, Sheila Jackson Lee popped up to declare that it was improper to call her...
- Fred Stiening said Matt Drudge's father ran refdesk.com, which I remember from the pre-google days. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/drudge-report-ad-revenue For a day or so, I advertised FindAnIS...
- Fred Stiening said Speaking is an overweight person, I noticed Cindy McCain has put on a lot of weight. This is usually a marker for somebody who is unhappy. Former radio host Laura ingraham apparently "fat-shamed&...
- Fred Stiening said https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/09/google_and_their_pals_are_worse_than_anyone_thought.html The magical reality was that even Donald J Trump thought he was going to lose, so nobody took...
- Fred Stiening said Cokie Roberts has died from complications of breast cancer https://abcnews.go.com/US/legendary-journalist-political-commentator-cokie-roberts-dies-75/story?id=65633507 People used to make fun of Bill...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I want to put in a plug for Kodi, especially for Parrott. Like Firefox, Kodi is a free open community app available for Windows, Linux, smartphones. Kodi takes things that are harder to do in Firefox...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting reads. Talk radio was the social media of the 90s and the Dems tried to use it to influence public opinion. They were more effective taking over the education system where virtually all te...
- Fred Stiening said YouTube/Google has decided to pull the plug on Right Side Broadcasting Network. Denations to RSBN are not tax deductible as 501(c)(3) entities cannot engage in political activities. RSBN live stream...
- briand75 said Dems hate Trump so much – they overlook the fact that it was the American people who elected Trump. Which points out one interesting aspect – both parties have ignored the American people...
- Fred Stiening said Mr. Rosenwald of course is full of crap. He asserts that it is talk radio that got Donald Trump elected. Just off the top of my head, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, and Hugh Hewitt were firmly anti Trump and...
- Fred Stiening said Dualng astroturfing Daily caller on Hillary's campaign to destroy talk radio with seminar callers https://www.dailywire.com/news/51641/report-democrats-supported-clinton-white-house-hank-berrien P...
- CC1s121LrBGT said New Jersey does something similar – school budgets and boards are not elected in November when everyone votes, but sometime in the spring when only people with children will vote and vote for pe...
- Fred Stiening said The city of Charlotte was holding is primary as well, which I did not know until I saw the election results. The primary election for everything else is in October. The good news for people who still...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Either way, its "hate speech" and I thought "hate speech" was a "hate crime" (previously called a "thought crime").
- TheJerseyDevil said She was actually the leader of the now-defunct Progressive Conservative Party. Kim Campbell took over for Reagan's buddy Brian Mulroney and served six months in office before leading the former p...
- CC1s121LrBGT said "Correct orientation"? What is the difference between "orientation" and "gender" in 2019? Isn't that a one to many relationships? 😉 Remember people used to ask...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Hell no. This is Keto Nation… in fact, that would be a great name for traffic.
- Fred Stiening said Dan Bishop won. Two Mecklenburg County precincts held out until 11:00 pm but stealing 4,000 votes was beyond reach so McCreavy conceded So get your gender identity cards in order…
- Fred Stiening said The City Fathers and Mothers of former tobacco capital Winston-Salem North Carolina want to dump the name of the annual Dixie classic Fair. Wow, live music being performed on WTOB-AM
- Fred Stiening said I realize that there are things going on outside the radio cave, and I may be the last one to find out. I had to go to FedEx today to drop off a letter for my lawyer, and they have a big sign announci...
- Fred Stiening said Correct orientation Speaking of which, the author of the famous HB2 transgender bathroom bill is running in a special election tomorrow. Countess gets to vote, but I am now in the Alma Adams 12th dis...
- Fred Stiening said If I change the name of the blog to America loves Chick-fil-A macaroni and cheese, do you think it would increase traffic?
- CC1s121LrBGT said I always think of Elwood when I think of the Blues. Jake and Elwood, in fact. 😉
- Fred Stiening said If you peruse Elwood, IL on Google Earth, there are a significant number of huge facilities there. Walmart's is 3 million square feet. Other players are IKEA, Georgia Pacific, Samsung, ExxonMobi...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Need a federal program to build train tracks to the back of every Walmart.
- Fred Stiening said Some of my time recently is been learning about intermodal transportation. I have to admit I overestimated is possibilities for pulling trucks off the road. CSX built a huge facility in North Baltimor...
- Fred Stiening said Thinkprogress is shutting down
- Fred Stiening said What what is the question?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Did did everyone go? Is Setma cooking dinner for Setpa?
- CC1s121LrBGT said "Their version of Unix, the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD), was picked up by developers at NeXT, the company Steve Jobs founded after leaving Apple in 1985. When Apple purchased NeXT in 199...
- CC1s121LrBGT said This was on WCSP 90.1 Washington, DC today (C-SPAN Radio) and is very interesting. It is four very smart articulate college students debating Libertarianism and Conservatism (the two main factions of...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Sprague had a deviated septum
- CC1s121LrBGT said South East Transporation Authority of Pennsylvania… flush that down to your septum tank. 😉 BTW- Ever wonder why the market tends to tank in septum?
- CC1s121LrBGT said That was the ex-Prime Minister of Canada… from the Liberal Pary, I believe.
- Fred Stiening said Looks like Dorian may completely miss Florida. The deranged cable TV commentor who wanted the hurricane to destroy President Trump's private club in Palm Beach apparently doesn't realize most...
- TheChairman said It's worse. Many people have been desensitized by all the blatant sensationalism and have become apathetic. This is why elderly people were left sitting in wheel chairs at a nursing home (with s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I still like Matt Drudge, but there are many copy cats with different editorial tastes. Consider these, for example: https://www.drudge.com/ and https://thelibertydaily.com/ and https://liberty.news...
- Fred Stiening said Matt Drudge is becoming what I dislike about many newspapers. Right now, his front page has an image of an angry hurricane Dorian with a well formed eye just hours from devestating Florida. The probl...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doesn't sound like a referral program from SuperCuts to get new customers. On a serious note, where is the anonymous tip line where people can call in to report illegal aliens and collect a perc...
- Fred Stiening said If Republicans cared about defeating Democrats, they would look for wedge issues like this: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/34865263/reward_offered_for_apache_scalps/ Mexico offering a reward for kill...
- Fred Stiening said What kind of campaign has the candidate refusing to talk to his campaign manager? https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/27/joe-walsh-trump-election/
- Fred Stiening said Burning man live streaming https://burningman.org/event/live-webcast/
- Fred Stiening said For reasons I don't understand, WordPress is stripping out links like the one in this post. My guess is it has something to do with the European anti-linking law. https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/2...
- Fred Stiening said No need to intervene. Traffic from Google has slowed to a trickle.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I say I get scared whenever I visit SRG – it is a dangerous site. Once I started a stream and the programming I heard was different because the SRG had incorrect programming data. It can cause c...
- Fred Stiening said Nonprofit, non-commercial air1 is currently running a contest giving away a Disney vacation. They are also selling tickets to some concert. This is been a point of dispute at the SCC as to whether a n...
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Global Instability
NY Times coverage The “deep state” is likely very unhappy about this development. Fifty-four years is enough time to shield Camelot from public scrutiny. We need to know if Oliver Stone got the facts right. The baby boomers deserve to … Continue reading
SimCity is a video game that goes back to 1989 that appears to have become the primary influence on urban planners. In the game, you start with empty land, and you control the development of the growth of the city … Continue reading
With the law passed by the Republican Congress to allow the 9/11 complicity lawsuit against the Saudi government, evidence is piling up of direct Saudi government involvement in 9/11 The NY Post carries a report detailing evidence gathered by the … Continue reading
Which comes first – do Democrats cause city governments to fail, or do cities fail and then elect Democrats? https://apnews.com/da0ff4117335443ab66d27118c63980d
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/05/south-korea-minister-redeploying-us-nuclear-weapons-tensions-with-north From his words, it is pretty clear Putin will be protecting North Korea, starting with blocking UN actions.
Following Donald Trump’s speech about Afghanistan, I mentioned to Mrs. Stiening that we haven’t heard much about Yemen recently. Now we have. The US backed Saudi effort to destroy resistance to Saudi interference in Yemen is two years old now. … Continue reading
The Washington Post suddenly discovered this issue because they think they can tie Stephen Bannon to it https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/steve-bannon-once-guided-a-global-firm-that-made-millions-helping-gamers-cheat/2017/08/04/ef7ae442-76c8-11e7-803f-a6c989606ac7_story.html For several years, I played an online game called Runescape. Between the gold farmers and the efforts to stop the gold farmers, … Continue reading
NY Times Joe Rago was a very smart editorial writer for the Wall Street Journal. He was a fierce critic of Obamacare and a frequent guest on the John Batchelor show. He was found dead in his apartment when he … Continue reading
Cheerwine Cola was invited to the White House https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/07/17/remarks-president-trump-made-america-product-showcase