Oh God, not this….

There once was an evening show on Premiere Talk Radio called America Now, with Andy Dean. In the event you were lucky enough to have never heard it, Andy Dean was the perky protege of Donald Trump – originally a contestant on the You’re Fired TV show, then went into a business partnership.

Andy Dean got bored and left last August (2014). In the meantime, Joe Pags has been doing the show as a temporary replacement. I originally believed the plan was for Mark Levin to switch networks, but I was wrong.

Premiere just named the new host for America Now, just in time for election season.

Imagine the worst, most sadistic choice IHeart’s Bob Pittman could make, then double the worsity.

No, Joe Scarborough is not coming back to radio. It isn’t Bill Ayers or Mike Malloy. Not even Mike Smerconish, the “Conservative” who twice endorsed Barack Obama for President.

Think harder. She has no experience at all doing radio.

Starting Monday, prepare to be jolted by the voice of…

Meghan McCain

Yes, that one. The offspring of the widely hated Senator John McCain of Arizona.

I hope the call screener has been issued an asbestos suit. Expect one of the first guests to be Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who recently joined the increasingly bizarre 2016 Presidential campaign.

News Story

I noticed that many iHeart stations have picked up Michael Berry recently. I think his star just started shining brighter

This entry was posted in 2016 election, American Politics, Premiere (IHeart). Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Oh God, not this….

McCain – yuck. Joe Pags. Smirk-on-ish Can we get someone real to do radio?

Last time I listened to Joe Pags, he was whining about Facebook taking away his “likes”. I sent an email intending to be supportive that the Facebook cleanup was hitting NPR much harder. He actually responded to my email during a break, but misunderstood my point. I’m pretty sure I was added to the “dumbass stalker” list. His show had largely devolved into Joe talking about Joe with his producer.

So who should get a show on talk radio? Clearly prior radio experience is not a requirement.

I have seen her on TV and she is an absolute idiot. I am not referring to her politics, but her ability to think logically or provide thoughtful comments. Think of Dick Cheney’s daughter, but only stupider.

There was a 2011 clip on Gawker of her appearance with Bill Mahr. She explained she didn’t know much about Ronald Reagan because she wasn’t born yet. Paul Begala responded that he didn’t live during the French Revolution, but he knows what happened. It was too painful to watch any more.

Like, being pretty (?) and blonde doesn’t mean a thing to radio, like, you know?

I happened to see that 2011 show live and was embarrassed for her. I hadn’t seen or heard from her since. To be fair, I don’t think she had much media experience prior to that.

I stumbled onto her show the last few evenings. The station I listen to earlier in the day has her on. I was pleasantly surprised. It’s as good as any show in its first week.

A caller said he didn’t like Donald Trump and would like to see her dad take him on in a fight (boxing match?). She laughed and said her father is 78 years old now but would probably win. It made me smile.

Not that the stats mean much anymore, but Meghan is #44 , just ahead of Bluegrass and Gospel music. The America Now “franchise” has lots of issues. One is that during the winter, many of the AM stations will be on low power by the time the show airs

Listen carefully and see how frequently she unnecessarily says “I”, “me” and “my”. That may be more because of her age.

It’s pretty clear she has a significant staff behind the scenes. It would be interesting to know who is funding the production.

I looked her up on Wilipedia and found her alma mater is Columbia University. Surely she has famous and wealthy parents and that university depends on gifts from alumni rather than tax payer funding, but they are selective and she managed to graduate – she evidently isn’t as dumb as a doornail as I had first thought.

Saw the show Media Buzz today on Fox News. Host Howard introduced her as the latest addition to the the group of Fox News contributors. She said she had been for one week so far and prior to that had been an MSNBC contributor.

Joe Pags is not really going away. He was just starting his own syndication called “The Joe Paggs Show” when Andy Dean left abruptly, Premiere sort of temporarily merged the two shows.

So Meghan McCain is taking over America Now, and Joe Paggs is returning back to his own syndication

Shockingly, Meghan is spending the show going after Donald Trump. One of her guests was the Conservative Republican Montel Williams

Shockingly, Senator Lindsay Graham is a guest on Meghan’s first show, declaring Donald Trimp unfit to be President. Ignore the polls that have Trump at 24% of Republicans.

It is shocking to see the way the press covers Donald Trump – it is even worse than the way they covered Ron Paul. They openly mock him and intentionally misrepresent what he says. Clearly they don’t like outsiders invading the beltway.

There are too many examples to list them all, but the latest is where Trump said that McCain was a war hero because he was captured- the press reported that Trump said the opposite- that McCain was NOT a war hero because he was captured.

I think Trump is right on this one- if McCain had returned home with no torture and never having been captured, he would be the average serviceman returning home. Because he was shot down and captured, he had the opportunity to show heroism that he would not have had otherwise. He certainly did show it and has had a great career that he might not have had otherwise.

For those with a memory and a conscience it is stunning to see the New York Times celebrating the heroism “of baby killers who drop napalm and agent orange from 30,000 feet on innocent civilians”. What a difference 50 years makes.

The baby killers were in the news this week talking about how to kill them with a method that is “less crunchy” so that the organs are harvestable for cash. No outrage from MSNBC or NYT.

Incidentally, Democrat Presidential candidate, General Wesley Clark made much more derogatory comments about Sen McCain’s hero status than did Trump… you don’t remember it because there was no outrage back in 2000 because the comments came from a Democrat.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t support Donald Trump for President, but I do think the corrupt election process needs to end.

Joe Pags now has a non-iHeart syndicator (Compass Media) so he can compete head to head with Me, Meghan McCain. I don’t remember seeing America Now on any station except those owned by iHeart (Clear Channel).