- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- TheChairman said A Digital Music News article from 2016 summed up the problem with Billboard, and how some record labels gamed the system for chart topping ‘album sales’ without selling any albums. The web...
- Fred Stiening said Iheart cuts local news staff – might it be to temporarily increase operating income prior to an IPO? https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185455/staff-cuts-hit-iheartmedia-news-depar...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Rumor has it that he is joining WMAL. Evidently, he was on the air there on a few times in the last week… may have been an audition. He tweeted 15 hours ago that he will have some exciting news...
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: 2016 election
NY Times coverage The “deep state” is likely very unhappy about this development. Fifty-four years is enough time to shield Camelot from public scrutiny. We need to know if Oliver Stone got the facts right. The baby boomers deserve to … Continue reading
Since it rarely is an issue, there is a lot of misunderstanding about the electoral vote that will happen on Monday. Most people know each state gets a number of votes equal to the number of House members plus the … Continue reading
Milwaukee County reported last night their recount is complete – however the count of absentee and provisional ballots is not – however with all the other recounting done, the various piles are sorted out. This was day 9 of the … Continue reading
Despite there being no provision in Michigan law for a recount based on “just because I want one”, a Federal Judge has ordered a HAND recount to happen starting on Monday. And on December 12th, Ms Stein will demand a … Continue reading
It takes a little work to create a useful spreadsheet but worth the effort. There are 3,636 precincts to be recounted, with 3,285,426 votes As of the Spreadsheet posted December 2nd, recounts of 346,133 votes (10.5%) are complete. Muddying the … Continue reading
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) […] Police said they are investigating whether it was a terrorist attack. […] The attacker was identified as an OSU student named Abdul Razak Ali Artan. He was a Somali-born legal permanent resident of the U.S., according … Continue reading
Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate has filed the paperwork to force Wisconsin to recount the entire state for the Presidential election http://elections.wi.gov/sites/default/files/publication/65/recount_manual_11_2016_pdf_17034.pdf Donald Trump got 1,409,467 Jill Stein got 30,980 Obviously, Jill Stein doesn’t believe she was cheated out … Continue reading
Not so fast Donald Trump doesn’t believe you care
Tomorrow is the deadline for local precincts to finish up counting provisional ballots and late arriving overseas ballots. Incumbent Republican North Carolina governor Pat McCrory trails by about 5,000 votes. McCrory has filed complaints challenging the votes in 12 counties, … Continue reading
In case you didn’t see it Maybe University of Michigan law school students can put down their coloring books and play-doh now That’s only an excerpt Full interview http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/60-minutes-interview-president-elect-donald-trump/ As Tom Marr’s replacement on WCBM in Baltimore framed it, Leslie … Continue reading