- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- haiti222 said The Scripps Family trust terms also applied to the spin-off until last year. The spinoff is super valuable because of the world content growth you spoke of. When I was in the Philippines, all kinds of...
- Fred Stiening said To clarify, Scripps earns an income from Cable TV retransmission rights. To many stations, that is just guaranteed income regardless of ratings. Scripps says 33% of their local revenue is from cable...
- Fred Stiening said It is 58 degrees in Juneau AK, you know?
- Fred Stiening said Or to phrase it a the different way, Wall Street is so focused on short term metrics that it was beneficial to the Scripps Networks part to separate from the lower-performing TV stations. At least i...
- Fred Stiening said There are two groups of TV stations – the big money ($10 billion total) went to those who agreed to surrender their spectrum by either going off the air completely or moving to a subchannel of a...
- Fred Stiening said In an interesting twist, radio couldn’t resist turning this into a free money grab. Because many FM transmitters are located on TV towers that might move because the TV station is moving to be...
- Fred Stiening said They were looking in the wrong place http://www.insideradio.com/small-midwestern-markets-rule-in-radio-revenue-per-capita/article_22bba00a-8b51-11e9-ac99-fbf48413de97.html
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: 2016 election
NY Times coverage The “deep state” is likely very unhappy about this development. Fifty-four years is enough time to shield Camelot from public scrutiny. We need to know if Oliver Stone got the facts right. The baby boomers deserve to … Continue reading
Since it rarely is an issue, there is a lot of misunderstanding about the electoral vote that will happen on Monday. Most people know each state gets a number of votes equal to the number of House members plus the … Continue reading
Milwaukee County reported last night their recount is complete – however the count of absentee and provisional ballots is not – however with all the other recounting done, the various piles are sorted out. This was day 9 of the … Continue reading
Despite there being no provision in Michigan law for a recount based on “just because I want one”, a Federal Judge has ordered a HAND recount to happen starting on Monday. And on December 12th, Ms Stein will demand a … Continue reading
It takes a little work to create a useful spreadsheet but worth the effort. There are 3,636 precincts to be recounted, with 3,285,426 votes As of the Spreadsheet posted December 2nd, recounts of 346,133 votes (10.5%) are complete. Muddying the … Continue reading
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) […] Police said they are investigating whether it was a terrorist attack. […] The attacker was identified as an OSU student named Abdul Razak Ali Artan. He was a Somali-born legal permanent resident of the U.S., according … Continue reading
Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate has filed the paperwork to force Wisconsin to recount the entire state for the Presidential election http://elections.wi.gov/sites/default/files/publication/65/recount_manual_11_2016_pdf_17034.pdf Donald Trump got 1,409,467 Jill Stein got 30,980 Obviously, Jill Stein doesn’t believe she was cheated out … Continue reading
Not so fast Donald Trump doesn’t believe you care
Tomorrow is the deadline for local precincts to finish up counting provisional ballots and late arriving overseas ballots. Incumbent Republican North Carolina governor Pat McCrory trails by about 5,000 votes. McCrory has filed complaints challenging the votes in 12 counties, … Continue reading
In case you didn’t see it Maybe University of Michigan law school students can put down their coloring books and play-doh now That’s only an excerpt Full interview http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/60-minutes-interview-president-elect-donald-trump/ As Tom Marr’s replacement on WCBM in Baltimore framed it, Leslie … Continue reading