Alan Colmes update

Fox Talk Radio moved Alan Colmes to 6-9 PM on Monday. I listened to pretty much his entire show tonight (Wednesday). He encouraged callers to tell how they are hearing the show.

Every caller said they were listening on the Internet. He doesn’t appear to have a single affiliate at the new time. I’ll be confirming his existing affiliates later.

As I was scanning stations looking for anyone playing Colmes, I found something unexpected. A large number of Jerry Doyle affiliates have left – this is the TRN time slot previously occupied by Michael Savage. Mark Levin picked up most of them, Andy Dean a few others.

This entry was posted in Mark Levin, Radio Biz, Talk Radio. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Alan Colmes update

Wondering if we will be able to ask Google Glass to listen to all expected streams and present a line chart showing which ones have the expected host’s voice at any point in time…. maybe that will not be in the first release. 🙂

I listened to the first week or so of the local Monica Crowley show on WABC about 10 or so years ago. She has been a frequent guest on the Batchelor and Alexander show and they set her up for her own local radio show.

On her first week she seemed nervious, lacked confidence and wasn’t quite as polished as today but was blasting liberals and defending conservatives and agreeing with all the callers that did the same, until….

Until someone called and started to blast that kooky liberal on Fox’s “Hannity and Colmes” cable show. The nervousness was suddenly gone and she was completely confident. She stopped the caller right away and said no one would use her show to criticize Alan Colmes. I was shocked. Then she went on to explain that Alan was her sister’s husband and had been a tremendous mentor and help in Monica’s career. Alan was misguided in his politics, but he was a great human being and a wonderful person.

To this day, whenever I see or hear her, I always remember that conversation and respect her for it.

Alan Colmes mentioned on his show last night that Monica is his sister in law, which I didn’t know. I generally like Colmes even though I don’t agree with his politics. “Conservative” people need to test their beliefs by challenging someone other than people who already agree with you. Colmes has been doing radio a long time. Last night, he just picked up calls with no screening, something Art Bell used to do, and Larry King. I want a show where you don’t know what may happen next, including the host may learn something he doesn’t know. Rush led the pack in over screening callers to the point they have no purpose other than to provide the topic on today’s agenda to already talk about.

Thom Hartmann is also tolerable in small does. Liberals doing schtick I get tired of very fast (Malloy, Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz) and I don’t want to hear Bernie Sanders for an hour any more than I want to hear Karl Rive or Dick Morris. Randy Rhodes isn’t smart enough to be interesting. I don’t want to know about Karel’s dead husband and how he’s coping with that.

CC1s121LrBGT – (would be interesting to decrypt the moniker) – Amen. A person’s soul should count for respect. What Colmes does is drone the liberal progressive talking points: “Obama has reduced spending in over 200 places…”. Really? Cite me something – cite me anything I can read and believe that Obama has done anything involving a cut in spending that is real. O’Reilly blasted him thoroughly the other night and nailed it with “liar!”. “Shadow of the leader”, anyone?

hey briand75, CC1s121LrBGT is just a random character sequence. I use RoboForm to generate random usernames, passwords, maiden names, pet names, school names, anything you can think of. Once one site knows your real favorite sports team, they can steal your identity. 😉

Very Cool. Thanks for the heads-up!