Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Fred Stiening said WFOM-AM and its FM translator cannot even be heard in most of Atlanta. Dickey also own WCNN-AM, a station comparable to WSB in terms of signal. This tells me the Dickey family deliberately wants Rush to go away. The only other good AM candidate is...
- Fred Stiening said If you don’t know who Erick Erickson is, he operates redstate.com. here are a couple profiles of him https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/erick-erickson-adding-three-hour-radio-show-from-noon-about-georgia-politics-starting-wgau-athens/q6W7EZ...
- Fred Stiening said The first major affiliate to drop Rush Limbaugh has happened. It was not unexpected. Cox Radio has their own noon-3 guy (Erick Ericskon) they are syndicating, so they dropped “Rush lives on” from WSB-AM and WSBB-FM in Atlanta. Cox Radio w...
- Fred Stiening said Unlike the frequently quoted talkers.com, I am not dependent on advertising revenue from the radio biz and have no interest in schmoozing with people in radio management.
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
Category Archives: Radio Biz
Cox’s fortune was the result of the work of James M. Cox, a newspaper owner from Dayton Ohio, who ran for President in 1920 for the Democrats, with a young Franklin Delano Roosevelt as his Vice President. He lost in … Continue reading
The FCC gave AM stations an opportunity to request an FM translator without requiring them to buy an existing license. Around 1,000 licenses have been applied for. Here is The List When this process is complete, most AM stations will … Continue reading
WFAN decided to give New Jersey governor Chris Christie a sports radio DJ tryout. Well, it certainly got a reaction. http://nypost.com/2017/07/10/chris-christie-wfan-show-would-be-damning-of-what-radio-is/
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/06/05/cumulus-media-adopts-anti-takeover-defense.html The market capitalization of Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) is down to a mere $14 million, carrying debt of around $2.4 billion. The board just executed a preferred rights agreement intended to block a takeover attempt if any owner or … Continue reading
Clark Howard hospitalized Clark Howard needed to have a chat with Don Imus. Imus has made warning the public about the overtreatment of benign prostate cancer his mission in life. Rhabdomyolysis is the situation in which your kidneys are overwhelmed … Continue reading
It is painfully obvious now that the way the FCC is going to “save” AM radio is to destroy it. Part of the dowry that arrived with the Countess is a Bose wave radio. Other than infrequent use inside the … Continue reading
A media merger that has been speculated about since the NAB convention has happened. TV companies that got cash windfall from the spectrum auction are in a buying mood. One such company is Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair owns around … Continue reading
With some exceptions, all radio stations are required to have a “main studio”, which is open and staffed during business hours within close proximity to the community of service where the radio station is located. FCC proposal The new Republican … Continue reading
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-hugh-hewitt-in-talks-for-msnbc-show.html When Hewitt took over for Bill Bennett to do the 6-9 AM shift, I wondered if he was going to last as a morning guy. The purported MSNBC show would be an evening show, so it seems unlikely Hewitt … Continue reading
Marketwatch Story In the accounting business, one of the obligations of auditors is to evaluate whether the business has the resources and income to sustain itself as a business in the future. When the auditor feels the obligation to issue … Continue reading