Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
Category Archives: Salem Radio
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-hugh-hewitt-in-talks-for-msnbc-show.html When Hewitt took over for Bill Bennett to do the 6-9 AM shift, I wondered if he was going to last as a morning guy. The purported MSNBC show would be an evening show, so it seems unlikely Hewitt … Continue reading
Winston Salem Journal Stu Epperson Jr is the son of the cofounder of the Salem media networks (SALM). A man attempted to break into his house and was caught by the police. The original story was kept fairly discrete, but … Continue reading
Most of the last 90 years, New York City radio has had a Gambling helping start their day. John R is generation three of the Gambling radio family. Most of his time was on WOR-AM, although he did move to … Continue reading
If you don’t know who Larry Elder is – he is a Los Angeles based black libertarian radio host with a long track record. He previously was in national syndication on ABC Radio and was let go in 2007 in … Continue reading
* disclaimer – I am a stockholder in SALM https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/96663/salem-moves-hugh-hewitt-to-mornings-bill-bennett-to-commentaries/ For years, I have been advocating changes to the Salem Talk Lineup – the Bennett, Gallagher, Prager, Medved, Hewitt lineup hasn’t changed since I started tracking programming schedules. They’re all … Continue reading
The unwinding of the AM Radio Disney empire continues. Salem Broadcasting ended up buying the stations that were not “red hot” – for about 1/3 to 1/4th of what Disney paid 15 years ago. Salem got the keys today for … Continue reading
As long time readers know, Disney Radio decided to get out of Radio and sell off its overpriced major market AM stations. Salem Radio has been one buyer anxious to buy at the fire sale in markets where they don’t … Continue reading
Who knew? Andy Parks was on WWRC-AM in Washington DC because the Washington Times newspaper was paying Salem Radio. Salem needs more revenue than the Washington Times was willing to pay, so he is history. Salem doesn’t subscribe to Neilsen … Continue reading
Salem Radio’s WNYM-AM in New York City has agreed to let Third Generation radio guy John Gambling on their station from 11 AM-1 PM. The station currently carries syndicated programming, and will replace it with two hours of local programming … Continue reading