Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- Assorted Updates
- The new WABC-AM
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Will Alex Jones inherit the Rush Limbaugh legacy?
- Who is Frank Keeton ?
- No need to lie
- Entercom/CBS running away from “radio”
- Tunein has legal issues
- Curtis Sliwa leaving WABC-AM in New York City
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Fred Stiening said James Golden talks about the day Rush broke the news he had cancer https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-rush-limbaugh-the-man-beh-81488209/
- Fred Stiening said Here is the local coverage of EMF moving to Tennessee http://www.williamsonherald.com/news/k-love-radio-parent-company-to-relocate-hq-to-williamson-county/article_0ae66bc4-b35c-11eb-8be6-c7a7d8a4c91f.html
- Fred Stiening said The CDC announced today that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks indoors or outdoors in groups of any size.
- prboylan said Governor Whitmer: “The beatings will continue until support for the Green New Deal improves!”
- Fred Stiening said We have a new candidate in the running, at least in the Northeast US Grace Curley was the producer for Howie Carr (pronounced How-ee Caw, if you pawk yaw caw in haavaad yawd) https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/03/12/grace-curley-show-adds-new-affili...
- Fred Stiening said Mike Huckabee’s investment in radio did not do well https://radioinsight.com/headlines/177606/educational-radio-foundation-of-east-texas-acquires-tyler-longview-cluster/ He and a partner bought 4 stations inTexas for $1.2 million in 2017, and u...
- Fred Stiening said Of the 4,512 licensed AM stations, at least 2,500 now have an FM translator
- Fred Stiening said If it were up to me, I would like to see Chris Plante fill the void. The more I see of Bongino, the less I like of him. Conservatives need to appeal to the swing voters. “Democrats bad” is not enough
- Fred Stiening said It looks like somebody after the fact connected my appointment account with the vaccinated database, so now I’m officially on the path to protection. You can never be too safe.
- Fred Stiening said Scooter McGee, one of the more interesting conspiracy hosts has “retired” from KFKA in Greeley Colorado and hangs out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/scooter.mcgee.9 His last archive show was November 30, 2019
- Fred Stiening said The CDC has gotten very aggressive in funding ads on radio, especially radio stations that are not targeting white people. As long as Louis Farrakhan is telling black people that the government run by Joe Biden wants to kill them using vaccines, they...
- Fred Stiening said Anytime you see Kaiser Permanente in the news, be aware they are extremely agenda driven. Their goal is to become the national health care provider for the entire country. After World war II ended, Kaiser needed to find a new business. They had been...
Category Archives: Saving AM radio
The FCC gave AM stations an opportunity to request an FM translator without requiring them to buy an existing license. Around 1,000 licenses have been applied for. Here is The List When this process is complete, most AM stations will … Continue reading
It is painfully obvious now that the way the FCC is going to “save” AM radio is to destroy it. Part of the dowry that arrived with the Countess is a Bose wave radio. Other than infrequent use inside the … Continue reading
Jose Garcia holds the licenses for three AM radio stations in Texas. He failed to file his license renewals in 2013. The FCC informed him the licenses had expired and he needed to turn off the transmitter power. He filed … Continue reading
WAVL-AM in Apollo PA (Population 1,647) took advantage of the FCC Saving AM radio project and added an FM translator and did the opposite of most similar stations. They are switching from music to talk. http://pa-talk.com/ Quinn’s one man act … Continue reading
The floodgates opened for Class A and B AM stations (really big stations) to add an FM translator by moving an existing FM translator up to 250 miles. The problem is the large AM stations tend to be in big … Continue reading
One part of the FCC strategy to “save” AM radio is to allow each AM station a once in a lifetime chance to move an existing FM translator up to 250 miles. An FM translator is a device that takes … Continue reading
Last Friday was the Day 1 for AM station license holders to apply to add an FM Translator (“FX” in FCC jargon) to rebroadcast AM stations on the FM band at up to 250 watts – that will reach perhaps … Continue reading
January 29th, 2016 is the starting date for small town (Class C and Class D) AM stations to apply for the once in a lifetime opportunity to move (acquire) an existing FM translator from up to 250 miles away. This … Continue reading
Maybe the FCC has saved AM radio, but nothing will save desktop computers. The just released metrics from Nielsen’s Triton digital is that 73.8% of all streaming is now done from mobile devices, mostly iDevices and Android. Vote Up +0 … Continue reading