Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Tunein has legal issues
- No need to lie
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- Assorted Updates
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
- Fred Stiening said One of the strangest late night shows in syndicated radio, Ground Zero by Clyde Lewis used to be produced by KXL-FM in Portland Oregon, but one day he walked in and was told to pack his bags, although the station would continue to be an affiliate. K...
Category Archives: Salem
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-hugh-hewitt-in-talks-for-msnbc-show.html When Hewitt took over for Bill Bennett to do the 6-9 AM shift, I wondered if he was going to last as a morning guy. The purported MSNBC show would be an evening show, so it seems unlikely Hewitt … Continue reading
For those who miss Bill Bennett, as promised he continues to do a weekend interview show. Bill Bennett Interviews They are not live – without callers and are available on demand from his website. Some Salem stations may carry the … Continue reading
* disclaimer – I am a stockholder in SALM https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/96663/salem-moves-hugh-hewitt-to-mornings-bill-bennett-to-commentaries/ For years, I have been advocating changes to the Salem Talk Lineup – the Bennett, Gallagher, Prager, Medved, Hewitt lineup hasn’t changed since I started tracking programming schedules. They’re all … Continue reading
Salem Radio’s WNYM-AM in New York City has agreed to let Third Generation radio guy John Gambling on their station from 11 AM-1 PM. The station currently carries syndicated programming, and will replace it with two hours of local programming … Continue reading
I heard a PSA on WNYM-AM from New York trolling for people to diagnose with yet a new “disease”. http://www.circadiansleepdisorders.org/docs/N24-QandA.php