- Parrott said Yeah, they sure do waste money. After seeing this these ‘crazies ‘ back in charge of the House again, I see that ‘RINO’s Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, over in the Senate, d...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The signers were well aware of that. The last sentence above their signatures read: “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mut...
- Fred Stiening said I am pretty sure the King of England would have called the Declaration of Independence “hate speech”, probably punishable by execution.
- TheChairman said Certainly her first stop was to meet with globalists in Belgium, plus a day-trip to a few French wine regions, then to catch some sun-n-fun in Giza with the pharaohs, and finally a quick 1 hour photo-...
- Fred Stiening said Trump should have let her fly to Egypt on the plane, then ordered it home without her – and add her to the terrorist watch list. Is she going there to collude with the Muslim Brotherhood? I r...
- CC1s121LrBGT said oops- hope that’s not hate speech. lol
- CC1s121LrBGT said Turn off her cell phone. lol
- CC1s121LrBGT said Insane. I am a proponent of hate speech. Protecting it from government oppression was one of the true strokes of genius in our Constitution. Letting people vent and express their emotions and opinio...
- Fred Stiening said Twitter bans Lars Larson for 12 hours. https://radioink.com/2019/01/13/twitter-bans-lars-larson/ Larson does six hours a day – 3 hours regionally syndicated in the Pacific Northwest, then three...
- Fred Stiening said Maybe Trump will cut off the heat in the Congressional office buildings.
- Parrott said I am not missing Chris Plante tomorrow ! Right to life march and ‘Clown Posse Pelosi’ Denied fun trip to Europe with ‘Inchworm’ also known as Congressman Schiff (D) Kalifor...
- Fred Stiening said Yes the “nuclear triad” question since Hewitt is stuck in the Cold War. As a general rule, I think lawyers do boring radio – Hewitt, Bennett, Ingraham, Medved… their training causes the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I listened yesterday and today and it is a nice change of pace. It also continues past 9 AM to 10 AM ET when I can switch to Mark Simone on WOR for his 10 AM show without having to hear Beck or one o...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’m not a Hewitt fan either. In another post here yesterday, I called him “Color, Color It”. I was trying to be polite. In real life, I call him “Douche, Douchebag” lol...
- Fred Stiening said Google News has resumed indexing Daily Caller Alex Jones returned to Roku for one day, until the mob shut him up again
- Parrott said If you like a one man show, WCHV Charlottesville.VA. The only somewhat conservative voice in Charlottesville-stan. It won’t play on VLC, but it doesn’t have a ad or anything when you...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have had a similar experience with Beck and Co. Very very often they turn to the abortion issue and their crusade against it. I’m over 60 and have been hearing the arguments on both sides sin...
- Fred Stiening said Pat Grey is Glenn Beck’s long time friend, and from my perspective Beck’s puppet master. Pat keeps pushing the “science is the enemy of religion” narrative, that the universe...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Emergency vehicles are an issue, as are emergency situations such as evacuations were all lanes go in the “out” direction so more people can leave an unsafe area. I am reminded of the hur...
- Fred Stiening said Emergency vehicles are going to be one of the challenges for self driving cars – since humans perceive them mostly from the sounds (although completely deaf people can drive). Avoiding collisio...
- CC1s121LrBGT said As Karz and roads get smarter, it will be interesting to see the different ways to interact with them. For example, although I may have a green light ahead of me at an obstructed corner, I’d li...
- Fred Stiening said There are technology solutions for some of the issues. Since vending machines can tell a $1 from a $20, the technology is pretty simple. Within the blind community, there is a sharp division of opin...
- briand75 said It is amazing how humans react to gifted folks. Blindness is a form of gifted – I know a couple of folks and they can tell you everything about yourself including whether you are smiling or anxi...
- briand75 said Yes – Kidz in Karz 🙂 I am still stuck on Baby Shark that my 5 year-old granddaughter turned me on to.
- briand75 said Saginaw is an interesting place. Probably worth a listen. I knew it as an artist’s colony of sorts. It used to be a booming lake port, but the Interstates took care of that.
- briand75 said Thanks CC 🙂 I will check these out. I am not a Hewitt fan, but I will give a listen to the others. Stu and whoever make my head explode with their arrogance and stupidity. I would rather watch Captain...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Windows 10 does that with the Solitaire game. Before you can use the software you paid for…. and you probably paid for that Solitaire game within Windows many times over as you bought upgrades...
- Fred Stiening said My father knew he was going blind, but he didn’t do as much training as he probably should have. The way he dealt with the bills was to have the clerk count the change into his hand to see the order o...
- Fred Stiening said Kilmeade picked up most of the Laura Ingraham affiliates. He is too “establishment” for my tastes. Armstrong & Getty do a morning show in California that can be OK, but is mainly focused on Cal...
- Fred Stiening said In some situations, hitting refresh in a browser will bypass the video ad. On the Amazon Tablet with Chrome browser, an annoying feature is showing up – when you switch tabs, it suspends the ad...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Great question, brand75. I like when contributors make recommendations myself because it leads to interesting listening. At 6 AM ET, I like WMAL’s show but they added a pre-roll commercial that...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. Who knew? I would expect the only people taking the “Bird Box Challenge” while driving would be “Kids” in “Karz”. 😉
- briand75 said When in Pittsburgh, my office was next to the agency providing assistance to the blind. I asked them some of those same questions that Fred shows: How do you know what denomination your bills are? Giv...
- briand75 said Off topic – I have been listening to the Blaze in the morning, but these two clods have gone way off the reservation. If I want “fair and balanced”, I have Fox News. Can anyone recom...
- Fred Stiening said Walton and Johnson on KPRC can be interesting. It doesn’t take life too seriously. It is carried on other stations, mostly in Texas
- CC1s121LrBGT said I am looking for a replacement for WMAL on my preset buttons…. they recently added a pre-roll commercial to the stream and like to change streams very often. I am checking out WIQO and others t...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Oy vey. Better than cars for drunks, but I hope I encounter neither when I am on the road… safer to take the light rail. 😉
- Fred Stiening said Interesting what the actual charity purpose of Karz4Kids actually is. I had no idea
- Fred Stiening said Getting the ~$75 million for the land under the former WMAL tower puts everything in perspective. No number of Kars4Kids PSAs would ever generate that kind of Kash.
- Baldy said I hope Fred & Countess are doing well. Have not been here in a while, but the site was heavily used by me for years. Hope 2019 is good year for you both.
- Parrott said State of Virginia plan for ‘upgrade-ing ‘ I-81 . Governor Ralph, (D) has proposed tolls for I-81 , with no reduction in gas tax. They love to raise taxes , but its for the children. No...
- Parrott said I hate that WMAL went ‘Bat Guano’. The stream for Chris Plante was ‘normal’ , the programming for the actual transmit signal over the air, is actually on the internet stream...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Glad to hear you are doing better and hope that Countess does soon too. Last August, I had shared this article. Since reading it in August, I have lost 60 pounds and have not been hungry during the p...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “City stickers” for city slickers. Now far can the Dems go before people in big cities realize what they are doing to them? Detroit and Caracas come to mind. Aside from the big cities, the U...
- Fred Stiening said Today, a nurse is coming to evaluate my situation. For a week, I have been walking to the bathroom and shower. Yesterday, with my health assistant at my side, I walked outside to the car. The rel...
- Fred Stiening said Despite my car only being parked in the private lot of my apartment complex out near the airport, I knew I needed a City of Chicago parking sticker. The rationale is the money is used to maintain th...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here is how Chicago keeps up its mass transit ridership numbers…. and augments its budget so that ticket prices can remain below cost: https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news/chicago-seizes-and-sel...
- TheChairman said Except his ‘legacy’ lives on at the JustUs Department, the FBI/CIA/NSA bureaucracy, military brass, etc.
- Fred Stiening said Sure, although they need some weeding. Obama seems so far in the past. I didn’t think I would outlive his “rule”
- Fred Stiening said I guess that explains why his show was cancelled. Or maybe he never existed.
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- October, the month for fear
- President Trump: Bush’s invasion of Iraq was the single biggest mistake in US history
- Vicarious Hurricane Watch
- Who is Qi Lu and why should you care?
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Fun with snowflakes
- Say Something or Don’t Tell?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Totally random stuff
Or hearing aids to be more precise – left and right A4i Starkey iphone conpatible hearing aids http://www.starkey.com/hearing-aids/made-for-iphone-hearing-aids/receiver-in-canal After unloading my life savings at the front desk, I walked out into the real world to see if I had made … Continue reading
http://www.wbtv.com/story/35026776/house-votes-in-favor-of-bill-to-repeal-hb2-sent-to-governors-desk Democratic governor Cooper has signed a law repealing HB2, and also rolling back the Charlotte ordinance that triggered the passage of HB2. Recognizing he has to give Republican legislators what they want, the repeal goes further than what Democrats … Continue reading
The newly minted Mrs Fred Stiening has some things to say to the world (beyond what an adorable guy I am…) Both of us will be a bit occupied for a few weeks as she relocates to the Charlotte mansion, … Continue reading
The color of the Aegean Sea… details to follow…
While out and about, I stumbled on this store called Parrot U. The store is pretty much what you would think it is – it is a store that teaches parrots. So when I walked up to the window, a … Continue reading
http://clclt.com/theclog/archives/2017/01/26/man-killed-by-undercover-police-officer-in-east-charlotte Hispanic drug gang member fires a bullet into an SUV driven by another Hispanic male, sideswipers the SUV, gets out of his car with a handgun, not knowing the driver of the SUV following him is an undercover police … Continue reading
Jerseydevil posted a topic that triggered a memory that may or may not be interesting. Apparently Steve Deace created the hypothetical of whether a black caterer could be forced to serve a convention of white supremacists. So there is so … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I presented some information about the collapse of the Atlantic Cod fishery – was it real or just a political argument between the US and Canada? The “it’s real” narrative is the collapse was caused by … Continue reading