Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Coloring the News
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Do you see problems?
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Alexa Bombing
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Category Archives: War in Europe
About 10 drachmas an hour, enough to buy a henway (if he had a job) Today (Sunday) is election day and the results are coming in. The mainstream “Conservative” (by Greek standards) party support going with the bailout – only … Continue reading
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8723588/Greece-forced-to-tap-emergency-fund.html Greece quietly has started taking money from the Emergency Fund to deal with liquidity problems in Greek banks. So if I was a person living on Cyprus and I’m not a Turkish Muslim, I’m getting a bit nervous right … Continue reading
http://m.smh.com.au/world/anarchy-in-london-after-police-kill-man-20110807-1ihol.html Following a shooting by police, one of London’s public housing projects for immigrants has erupted in violence. Libya’s locusts are buzzing loudly
One of my suspicions looks to be accurate and so far no reporter seems to have asked the question: “Did he try to kill specific people, or was he randomly killing anyone he could?” He was on the island by … Continue reading
Meet Siv Jenson, the leader of the Progress party – the political movement in Norway so toxic that no party wants to have them in their ruling coalition, despite being the 2nd largest political party in the country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_Party_(Norway) The … Continue reading
Two are dead in a truck bomb attack on the equivalent of Washington DC, severely damaging the building housing the Prime Minister. Norway isn’t exactly a hotbed of terrorism – this is clearly an attack on the government using a asymmetical … Continue reading
Here is a document laying out the NATO military force levels in 1999 http://www.nato.int/docu/review/2001/defence0103-en.pdf Turkey has the largest military by far (other than the US). Anyone still asleep in Europe will soon understand why Turkey is the country drawing up … Continue reading
European authorities can’t seem to get a handle on the source of the virulent strain of E Coli bacteria that is killing people in Germany who ate raw “organic” cucumbers. I have a guess – it’s the same source that … Continue reading
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/clashes-erupt-in-belgrade-961175.html Ratko Mladić was indicted in 1995 by the toothless “International Tribunal for the Prosecution of Persons Responsible for Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law Committed in the Territory of the Former Yugoslavia since 1991″ for so-called war crimes. He was … Continue reading
The same day Pakistan is telling the United States to remove its troops within Pakistan, France is announcing a broad sweeping agreement to expand trade and other ties with Pakistan AP Pakistan