- AM stations can buy or move existing translators up to 250 miles
- In 2017, a one time option to acquire new FM translators on ANY available FM frequency
- Approval of wider use of transmitters that vary the carrier power
- Relaxed efficiency standards for antennas
- Relaxed rules for smaller stations in major markets
- Allow AM antennas that are up to 25% less efficient and creation of experimental antenna systems (i.e. Fiberglass antennas
Happy Halloween, AM radio!
Once the above is sorted out, there are other proposals for round two that would change the 1928 class ABCD rules to give better night time options for smaller market stations.