77% of people who stream…

This was a factoid from a few days ago – 77% of Internet streaming is now going through cell phones. Tablets are another 15% or so. PC streaming is now in the single digits. Listening at work using the company network has totally vanished.

The PC is dead. Long live the Dick Tracy wristwatch.

This entry was posted in Mobile Streaming, Radio Biz, Technology. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 77% of people who stream…

I must be an anachronism. I still stream via PC and listen at work. Call me an outlier I guess.

Anyway, my smart phone battery is about 4 hours in constant use.

PC here.
    Parrott

3. MidwayMike says:

Don’t own a smart phone, only use “dumb” cell phone. Stream via PC. Xfr to Bose via link to same.

4. prboylan says:

I work at home. I have a Droid Razr Max smart phone, but why would I want to listen to anything with the tinny mono speaker on the phone when my PC and laptop offer full-range stereo over a faster data connection? The exception is in my vehicle, where on long trips I connect my cell phone to the car speakers using a cassette insert and listen to internet podcasts or live stations of choice.

Many corporate LANs now block streaming that originates outside the company network. A cell phone with earphones is a convenient way to listen to radio in the workplace without disturbing your coworkers (or your boss).

I do 77% of my streaming on this device…. I actually have two in the house and have bought three more as gifts. I see see it is now available for half the price that I paid last time. It is battery powered and I carry it outside and into the bathroom when I am taking a shower. It is also my clock radio to wake me up in the morning.

Buy a satellite dish for a dollar, get a free house:

but beware of the government’s property taxes that enabled the deal in the first place