Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- The '80s until now
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- GDPR Notice
- Alexa Bombing
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- The Dubious Media
- Julyin' to yourself
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Category Archives: Mobile Streaming
http://radio.garden/ Combine Google Earth with Streaming Radio and magic happens One of the pesky questions is whether in a streaming world people care where a station is located. Weather Garden uses your location as a starting point – it didn’t … Continue reading
Amazon Music Unlimited is an “on demand” music service. This is different than Sirius XM which has music channels and pandora which guesses what songs you want to hear. Spotify is the closest competitor where you can ask for specific … Continue reading
Better late than never… Their v5 player now launches on mobile devices without needing to download one app per station. It just plays. The player is used by close to 1000 radio stations. It breaks the business model of selling … Continue reading
“Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded” Yogi Berra Bloomberg is declaring the demise of Apple because they are selling too many iPhones. Apple Stores are dying A number of money managers bailed on Apple reassuring each other that Apple … Continue reading
After spending 20 minutes to get a web page to load, I’ve given up.
So when people ride using Uber, what happens with the “radio”? What are the rules? For about the past 3 years, I don’t even turn on the radio in my own car, so when riding Uber, asking the driver to … Continue reading
So after the shakeout in the streaming business, who is left? The graphic is a little confusing – for Linux friendly and mobile friendly, the left side is the current state (penguin or happy face) – the link next to … Continue reading
Streaming used to be painful. There were 100 different types of players – some needed special applications or plugins, some only worked on some types of computers, some required special decoders that required breaking patent rights. In 2016, 2/3rds of … Continue reading
If you want to catch the United States off guard, that would be the time to do something. You may remember earlier in the Obama years, FEMA and the FCC conducted a mandatory test of the national Emergency Alert System. … Continue reading
December’s results are in. The trend to stream using mobile devices rolls on. Triton Digital Report Triton Digital is the biggest platform for radio streaming and has “instrumentation” for other streaming services. It isn’t measuring everything, but most of the … Continue reading