Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
Category Archives: Mobile Streaming
http://radio.garden/ Combine Google Earth with Streaming Radio and magic happens One of the pesky questions is whether in a streaming world people care where a station is located. Weather Garden uses your location as a starting point – it didn’t … Continue reading
Amazon Music Unlimited is an “on demand” music service. This is different than Sirius XM which has music channels and pandora which guesses what songs you want to hear. Spotify is the closest competitor where you can ask for specific … Continue reading
Better late than never… Their v5 player now launches on mobile devices without needing to download one app per station. It just plays. The player is used by close to 1000 radio stations. It breaks the business model of selling … Continue reading
“Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded” Yogi Berra Bloomberg is declaring the demise of Apple because they are selling too many iPhones. Apple Stores are dying A number of money managers bailed on Apple reassuring each other that Apple … Continue reading
After spending 20 minutes to get a web page to load, I’ve given up.
So when people ride using Uber, what happens with the “radio”? What are the rules? For about the past 3 years, I don’t even turn on the radio in my own car, so when riding Uber, asking the driver to … Continue reading
So after the shakeout in the streaming business, who is left? The graphic is a little confusing – for Linux friendly and mobile friendly, the left side is the current state (penguin or happy face) – the link next to … Continue reading
Streaming used to be painful. There were 100 different types of players – some needed special applications or plugins, some only worked on some types of computers, some required special decoders that required breaking patent rights. In 2016, 2/3rds of … Continue reading
If you want to catch the United States off guard, that would be the time to do something. You may remember earlier in the Obama years, FEMA and the FCC conducted a mandatory test of the national Emergency Alert System. … Continue reading
December’s results are in. The trend to stream using mobile devices rolls on. Triton Digital Report Triton Digital is the biggest platform for radio streaming and has “instrumentation” for other streaming services. It isn’t measuring everything, but most of the … Continue reading