Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- Do you see problems?
- June knows heat
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Coloring the News
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Category Archives: Premiere (IHeart)
While listening to a station carrying Thom Hartmann, there was a promo that the station (KMAS-AM/FM) is carrying John B Wells from 1-4 AM (Pacific time – 4-7 AM Eastern) Many of you may remember that John B Wells did … Continue reading
Randall Bloomquist is a radio consultant type guy. I don’t know much about him other than a vague memory of reading something he wrote and not thinking much of it – it was a lot of spin that was fact … Continue reading
http://darrylparks.com/2014/10/27/nyc-talk-radio-ratings-not-good/ To appreciate the significance of this, you need to know who he is. Clear Channel (now iHeart) has one news/talk station that is very different than the rest. While most Clear Channel stations news talk stations are drifting down … Continue reading
Bob Pittman, who runs Clear Channel, is a lifelong major donor to Democratic candidates. He would like few things more than being the guy who “got” Rush Limbaugh off the air – if he can convince the investment bankers who … Continue reading
http://www.allaccess.com/power-player/archive/19736/darren-davis Rush, Beck, and Hannity aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. That’s hard to argue with
You might remember WPGB-FM as the flagship of the Quinn & Rose show. It was one of the pioneers in putting Conservative News/Talk on FM to see if young people would listen to Rush Limbaugh – calling young women sluts … Continue reading
This might suggest what Clear Channel thinks the Post-Limbaugh era will look like. Today, Clear Channel “flipped” KOY-AM in Phoenix from the useless “Business Talk” to “KFI-2”, the “Next Generation of Talk” [KFI is the Los Angeles station] LA hosts … Continue reading
Donald Trump’s business associate and aspiring radio host has told Premiere Radio he’s had enough. His last show will on August 8, and at least temporarily he will be replaced by Joe Pags. The 6-9 PM Eastern time slot on … Continue reading
Tom Taylor’s newsletter today is full of interesting news – advertising money is quickly moving to target mobile users, with people spending almost 3 hrs/day on Facebook – radio people think web advertisers are inflating their numbers by counting fake … Continue reading