Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- Tunein has legal issues
- Alexa Bombing
- Getting Caught Up
- To Infinity and Beyond
- No need to lie
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- Fred Stiening said The past few days, I resumed listening to radio. There is not much there. Today’s announcement that iHeartRadio is acquiring Trident digital emphasizes that everything is moving to on demand podcasting. If it isn’t live, over the air radi...
- prboylan said Bottom line is that ERCOT was not allowed to temporarily exceed ANY Federal Emission limits so as to meet the expected increased demand, until it had shown that all other options (including negotiating power buys from utilities in other states on the...
- prboylan said A very sad day. We knew it was coming, but hoped for a miracle- as we always do when someone receives a terminal prognosis. End of an era? I hope not, but as the baby boomers age out it will be very hard to attract any critical thinking audience f...
- Parrott said Hey Guys, well, I agree ‘RebelSansClue’ end of an era is understatement . I listened to Rush first time in late summer 88, at lunch break in my truck at work, WFIR, sometimes taking a lite power-nap of 20 minutes . I drifted away...
- RebelSansClue said Amen. The king is dead. Long live the king.
- RebelSansClue said I know it’s trite, but it’s really the end of an era. There will never be another like him. I’m grateful to have been an off and on listener of his show since 1992. Obviously, we knew this day was coming, but it’s still shocki...
- fhiggins said RIP Rush
- Fred Stiening said Thanks for pointing that out. The author, Paul Farhi, is a DC based financial and entertainment reporter for the Washington Post news syndicate.. He talked to all of the usual suspects. Of course, Rush Limbaugh is not going to talk to him for obvio...
- fhiggins said Article about the decline of conservative talk radio and your comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-is-ailing-and-so-is-the-conservative-talk-radio-industry/ar-BB1dwZaj
- Fred Stiening said This is going nowhere. He started with a 5-minute filler as if he was still a slave to a hourly clock. Then we had another 5 minutes of unfocused talk about the weather. How is a truck driver on the road supposed to listen to a streaming YouTube show...
- Fred Stiening said Steve Sommers is now live streaming on YouTube https://youtu.be/3Q3xqMzc3R0
- fhiggins said Buffet’s are done
Category Archives: Westwood One
Jon Grayson was originally doing an overnight show on KMOX in Saint Louis – CBS radio spread the show to its own stations, and then went into wider syndication by Westwood One, now owned by Cumulus Media. The main competitors … Continue reading
With Johnny B leaving Westwood One, Chris Plante was a pretty obvious choice. By conforming to the 9AM-noon (ET) time block, the show becomes an easy choice to replace Glenn Beck or perhaps Laura Ingraham. Brandmeier is leaving in early … Continue reading
When Dennis Miller left syndicated radio on Westwood One, someone came up with Jonathan Brandmeier as a replacement. He was well known in Chicago mostly an entertainment radio talker, talking about movies, TV, celebrity gossip. He had his own band … Continue reading
Dr Drew Pinsky is putting down the penis pump, at least the syndicated one. According to Tom Taylor, he has been doing the show for Westwood One for free for several years. A few months ago, he started up a … Continue reading
Press Release Oy Vey
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/149357/supreme-court-declines-to-hear-trn-s-appeal-of-mic The US Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal from the Roy Masters controlled Talk Radio Network. Michael Savage had tried to leave Talk Radio Network to join Westwood One, but Talk Radio Network tried to stop him … Continue reading
Jim Bohannon is ending his participation on America in the Morning tomorrow. He will continue to do the Larry King replacement show he inherited on Mutual Broadcasting -> Westwood One -> Cumulus Media. Dirk Vann just recently retired from doing … Continue reading
Bob of the Bob & Tom show has turned in his notice. No more waking up at 3 AM to get ready to yuck it up. Bob & Tom are distributed by Westwood One. Maybe being paid in Cumulus stock … Continue reading
Former Senator Fred Thompson of Tennessee has died from lymphoma. Some may remember that when Bill O’Reilly ended his radio show, Westwood One chose Fred Thompson as his replacement in December 2008. The show didn’t begin until March 2009 because … Continue reading