Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Tunein has legal issues
- No need to lie
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- Assorted Updates
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
- Fred Stiening said One of the strangest late night shows in syndicated radio, Ground Zero by Clyde Lewis used to be produced by KXL-FM in Portland Oregon, but one day he walked in and was told to pack his bags, although the station would continue to be an affiliate. K...
Category Archives: Cumulus Left
Former Progressive radio talker Ed Schultz left Westwood One’s liberal gabfest in May 2014 to devote his full effort to his show on MSNBC. He had relocated from North Dakota to Washington DC so he could kiss ass in person. … Continue reading
http://www.insideradio.com/free/hess-takes-cumulus-news-talk-reins/ Bill Hess was Senior VP of programming at Air America. John Dickey considers him to be one of the smartest men in Talk Radio as most of the former ABC radio stations plunge down to 1% shares or below. … Continue reading
Stephanie Miller and Thom Hartmann have a new boss. inside Radio It’s convoluted and I don’t really follow it. They were originally working for Jones Radio, which was acquired by Dial Global, which merged with Westwood One, which was acquired … Continue reading
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/05/26/tom-martino-reflects-on-tumultuous-few-years/9586267/ Denver based consumer advocate Tom Martino has survived his 2011 Chapter 7 bankruptcy and the assault charge from his ex-wife. Jesus has turned his life around. Tom was syndicated nationally by Westwood One starting in 2000, but now is … Continue reading
Radio stations have invested a lot of time and money in developing brand loyalty (“The BIG talker!”), but after people arrive here, typically after a few weeks they realize their local station is irrelevant to hearing a syndicated program, since … Continue reading