Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
- Fred Stiening said Markley, van Camp and Robbins is a contender, but need a shorter name. It is a three guy ensemble show pretending to be right wing conservatives. The show is appearing on a wide variety of owners, and Markley has been around for quite a while. All...
- Fred Stiening said Seems to be broken 8^(
- Fred Stiening said Urban family Radio seems to have gone away. EMF, the company behind K-Love decided they needed to target non-white audiences a few years ago. It appears to have not worked out. The last update on their website was around Christmas time. Chasing aft...
- Fred Stiening said Moody Bible realizes there is no future in AM radio https://www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210402/business/210409886/ WMBI-AM was the flagship of the Moody Bible Institute’s Radio Network based in Chicago. Because Moody did not have access...
Category Archives: Syndicators
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-hugh-hewitt-in-talks-for-msnbc-show.html When Hewitt took over for Bill Bennett to do the 6-9 AM shift, I wondered if he was going to last as a morning guy. The purported MSNBC show would be an evening show, so it seems unlikely Hewitt … Continue reading
The collapse of independent talk radio syndication (non iHeart and Cumulus/Westwood One) has narrowed the employment possibilities, even for experienced hosts. When Talk Radio Network started having difficulties, Rusty added a job working for WGST-AM in Atlanta. When TRN fell … Continue reading
Countess spotted this before I did. Maybe I can add her to the staff as a hard news reporter. If I teach her how to use Google News, this could become a “go to” radio news site So Meghan signed … Continue reading
Jon Grayson was originally doing an overnight show on KMOX in Saint Louis – CBS radio spread the show to its own stations, and then went into wider syndication by Westwood One, now owned by Cumulus Media. The main competitors … Continue reading
Yes, as of Monday. Typically, the local partner of Ramsey in a city arranges the local radio affiliation, making it worthwhile for the station. Ramsey going National is undercutting those relationships. If he frequently touts SiriusXM, local stations will become … Continue reading
Talk Radio Network is down to three hosts following the death of Jerry Doyle and Sorbo leaving 4 hours of Morning News 12 hours of Robert Davi (who?) 8 hours of Network owner Roy Masters Satellite schedule
With Johnny B leaving Westwood One, Chris Plante was a pretty obvious choice. By conforming to the 9AM-noon (ET) time block, the show becomes an easy choice to replace Glenn Beck or perhaps Laura Ingraham. Brandmeier is leaving in early … Continue reading
When Dennis Miller left syndicated radio on Westwood One, someone came up with Jonathan Brandmeier as a replacement. He was well known in Chicago mostly an entertainment radio talker, talking about movies, TV, celebrity gossip. He had his own band … Continue reading
Chapter 7 is liquidation, not reorganization. Raleigh Business Journal Debts of $1.5 million, and $1.06 in cash USA Radio Networks was sold off a few months ago and that’s where Rusty Humphries landed.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/28/jerry-doyle-babylon-5-dead/ Doyle was found nonresponsive in his home in Vegas. Doyle has had health challenges through the years, in addition to the pressure of being the host still working for Talk Radio Network. Doyle considered himself more of a libertarian … Continue reading