Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- The '80s until now
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- GDPR Notice
- Alexa Bombing
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- The Dubious Media
- Julyin' to yourself
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Category Archives: Fascism comes to America
SimCity is a video game that goes back to 1989 that appears to have become the primary influence on urban planners. In the game, you start with empty land, and you control the development of the growth of the city … Continue reading
Alex Jones has no problem just making stuff up. When he doesn’t understand something, he just creates a theory, then starts embellishing and repeating it. The “Department of Truth” Amendment that Congress just passed and President Obama just signed reorganizes … Continue reading
Tasers are not a an alternative to cattle prods. What the fuck is wrong with our country? Video of police inside jail killing woman with Taser
While looking at a recent FCC license authorization, I noticed interesting legal language referencing Section 606 of the Communications Act of 1934 – the law that created the FCC This license is subject to the right of use or control … Continue reading
CISCO warns of back door built into equipment CISCO makes much of the equipment that runs and secures the Internet. Snowden’s leaks already disclosed that the NSA has complete access to CISCO gear, including the ability to install software modifications. … Continue reading
Former Republican Speaker of the house Denny Hastert has been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury. He was caught in a net of his own making, and my sympathy for him is very limited. I know I’m in a small … Continue reading
http://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-releases-open-internet-order Now that the FCC “passed” so-called Net Neutrality with no review period and no opportunity for discussion, the staff of the FCC has written down what Tom Wheeler decided he thinks the law should be – being the czar … Continue reading