- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: War in SW Asia / Middle East
With the law passed by the Republican Congress to allow the 9/11 complicity lawsuit against the Saudi government, evidence is piling up of direct Saudi government involvement in 9/11 The NY Post carries a report detailing evidence gathered by the … Continue reading
Following Donald Trump’s speech about Afghanistan, I mentioned to Mrs. Stiening that we haven’t heard much about Yemen recently. Now we have. The US backed Saudi effort to destroy resistance to Saudi interference in Yemen is two years old now. … Continue reading
The cruise missiles crater the runway in Syria, right out of a Tom Clancy novel. Your move, Russia. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-main-question-after-any-strikes-on-syria-how-does-russia-respond/2017/04/06 It can’t be a coincidence that Chinese President Xi Chinping is in Florida to talk with President Trump. Unlike Barack Obama, … Continue reading
Hold on tight B1, B52s to South Korea 82nd airborne “boots on the ground” in Kuwait
We have a new candidate for how – nuclear war between Pakistan and India. The Sun Kashmir is a god awful hellhole. It is disputed territory in between India and Pakistan, keeping in mind that before 1947, Pakistan was part … Continue reading
Congress is set to adjourn this week and not return until after the election. President Obama has officially vetoed the bill allowing lawsuits by families of 9/11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for its role in funding … Continue reading
CNN Things can’t possibly get more confusing or dangerous. Turkey says they did it to go after Kurdish fighters backed by the US to “get ISIL” – or is it to overthrow President Assad? Or to kill ISIS? In recent … Continue reading
NY times If Congress orders the declassication of the 28 pages of the 9/11 report detailing Saudi Royal family members in the planning and funding of the attack on the World Trade Center, the Saudi government pledges to dump all … Continue reading
It’s pretty inconceivable after watching last night’s Republican debate with Hugh Hewitt’s attempt to attack Trump over his alleged “neutrality” on the Israeli / Palestinian problem, and Marco Rubio’s assertion that Gaza is “Israeli land”…. but… After Egypt nationalized the … Continue reading
https://www.rt.com/news/332454-saudi-arabia-big-drills/ Saudi Arabia has moved aircraft to Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, near the border with Syria. Saudi Arabia has stated clearly this is to topple Assad. In the event of a shooting war, Turkey has a lot of vulnerabilities, … Continue reading