- Fred Stiening said This information is getting old and fading, but this excellent article about Roy Masters mentions some of the details. https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-godfather-of-right-wing-radio I remember hearin...
- TheChairman said Yes Parrott, it’s snowing right now at our place just north of Tucson (elev 2600 ft)… not much sticking. The road up to Mt Lemmon is closed, expecting 3-4 feet above 5,000 ft
- CC1s121LrBGT said I didn’t know. I did a quick wikipedia search on Art Bell before posting last night and it mentioned that Coast to Coast AM started in 1988 (after being renamed from a previous name.)
- Parrott said Yeah the GE is a great radio. I bought it new at ‘Best’ products. They were a catalog store, where you had a showroom of one product, and then you filled out a slip of paper and turned...
- Fred Stiening said I know you know, but others may not. Art Bell was originally syndicated by Roy Masters on the Talk Radio Network. During the post 1996 consolidation, Premiere Radio acquired TRN apparently without a...
- Fred Stiening said Clearly they moved in the same circles. Stollman continued his ramblings online after getting only probation for a misdemeanor. He is now 65 years old, and if LinkedIn can be believed, finally finis...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Green Nude Eel is presenting China with a fantastic debt trap opportunity. I’m surprised that Don Jr.’s girlfriend’s ex-husband (Mr. Newsom) hasn’t already reached out dire...
- CC1s121LrBGT said WOW! Amazing find, Fred. It was very interesting to see him reading the note as calmly as he did. Too bad about Mr Stollman doing that in 1987. Had he been able to wait until the next year, the debu...
- Fred Stiening said https://youtu.be/yG8sn8o-vFc One cool cucumber The “gunman” got in the studio because his father had worked for the station He resurfaced on pre-Internet Usenet, back in the good old days https://rept...
- Fred Stiening said Countess and I have watched a few YouTube videos of a South African refugee living in China – serpentza (.za = South Africa) He did a video on how the One Belt One Road initiative is falling ap...
- TheChairman said In other rail news, does anyone recall the blog post regarding China’s investment in Africa? (I couldn’t find the original article by Fred) There’s a train-wreck coming… http...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. Article said he was a writer for ” NBC NEWS’ “THE HUNTLEY-BRINKLEY REPORT” ” …. no wonder I have not seen one of those reports in years. 😉
- Fred Stiening said Consumer reporter David Horowitz has been rolled back https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/184183/l-a-consumer-reporter-former-radio-host-david-horo
- TheChairman said Sorry things didn’t go so well, but it’s best that he was vetted with your first visit rather than expending time and money on Dr. Wrong. My wife knew about afib coughing years ago…...
- Fred Stiening said Coughing doesn’t earn any fees or sell any pharmaceuticals. You would think doctors would know about the vagal maneuvers. I did not need a lesson – my body just does what it needs to p...
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: CBS
The rumors were true http://www.cbscorporation.com/2017/02/cbs-corporation-and-entercom-announce-merger-of-cbs-radio-with-entercom-to-create-preeminent-radio-platform/ Thanks to JerseyDevil for breaking the story while I was asleep having nightmares about ostriches looking in my windows. The deal is structured as a tax free exchange called a Reverse Morris Trust. CBS shareholders … Continue reading
Jon Grayson was originally doing an overnight show on KMOX in Saint Louis – CBS radio spread the show to its own stations, and then went into wider syndication by Westwood One, now owned by Cumulus Media. The main competitors … Continue reading
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13630779/1/cbs-stock-up-radio-division-ipo-planned.html Showing lack of historical context, this articles says that the radio stations have been part of the company since the beginning. Well, that’s sort of true. The radio stations were CBS. CBS TV didn’t arrive until after World War … Continue reading
A month ago, creditors filed a notice of default for allegedly violating the terms of the loan agreements. A friendly judge in Texas gave iHeart 15 days to resolve the issue, and another 15 day extension. iHeart broke off negotiations … Continue reading
CBS Radio is in play. Now that Sumner Redstone is out of the picture at Viacom and CBS, rapid change may be in the air. Les Moonves runs CBS, and CBS radio is a division within CBS. CBS Radio is … Continue reading
The Man who believed he would live forever – and needed to make no succession plans for CBS or Viacom is gone. In recent days, shareholders filed lawsuits claiming that Sumner Redstone was being paid to do a job that … Continue reading
CBS radio has given up trying to compete with Hubbard Radio’s WTOP in the Washington DC market. When CBS acquired the FM station from Family Broadcasting at 107.9, that freed up the 99.1 frequency to become an all news station … Continue reading
http://news.yahoo.com/media-giants-suspense-over-fate-92-old-boss-022012684.html 92 year old Sumner has controlling ownership of both Viacom and CBS (including CBS Radio). He has stopped attending conference calls with Wall Street analysts – this is viewed as an indication his health is failing. He has made … Continue reading
I guess it had to happen. With Sumner Redstone no longer in sole command of the Viacom / CBS empire, here come the idiots that destroyed Cumulus and iHeart’s soul. CBS has stood out as the “not stupid” radio operator. … Continue reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_Morris_Trust When Disney wanted to unload ABC Radio (selling it to Citadel), they used a Reverse Morris Trust – the same mechanism is probably in play for the CBS Radio spinoff to Cumulus Media if it happens. This is pretty … Continue reading