Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- Tunein has legal issues
- Alexa Bombing
- Getting Caught Up
- To Infinity and Beyond
- No need to lie
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- Fred Stiening said The past few days, I resumed listening to radio. There is not much there. Today’s announcement that iHeartRadio is acquiring Trident digital emphasizes that everything is moving to on demand podcasting. If it isn’t live, over the air radi...
- prboylan said Bottom line is that ERCOT was not allowed to temporarily exceed ANY Federal Emission limits so as to meet the expected increased demand, until it had shown that all other options (including negotiating power buys from utilities in other states on the...
- prboylan said A very sad day. We knew it was coming, but hoped for a miracle- as we always do when someone receives a terminal prognosis. End of an era? I hope not, but as the baby boomers age out it will be very hard to attract any critical thinking audience f...
- Parrott said Hey Guys, well, I agree ‘RebelSansClue’ end of an era is understatement . I listened to Rush first time in late summer 88, at lunch break in my truck at work, WFIR, sometimes taking a lite power-nap of 20 minutes . I drifted away...
- RebelSansClue said Amen. The king is dead. Long live the king.
- RebelSansClue said I know it’s trite, but it’s really the end of an era. There will never be another like him. I’m grateful to have been an off and on listener of his show since 1992. Obviously, we knew this day was coming, but it’s still shocki...
- fhiggins said RIP Rush
- Fred Stiening said Thanks for pointing that out. The author, Paul Farhi, is a DC based financial and entertainment reporter for the Washington Post news syndicate.. He talked to all of the usual suspects. Of course, Rush Limbaugh is not going to talk to him for obvio...
- fhiggins said Article about the decline of conservative talk radio and your comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-is-ailing-and-so-is-the-conservative-talk-radio-industry/ar-BB1dwZaj
- Fred Stiening said This is going nowhere. He started with a 5-minute filler as if he was still a slave to a hourly clock. Then we had another 5 minutes of unfocused talk about the weather. How is a truck driver on the road supposed to listen to a streaming YouTube show...
- Fred Stiening said Steve Sommers is now live streaming on YouTube https://youtu.be/3Q3xqMzc3R0
- fhiggins said Buffet’s are done
Category Archives: Radio News
Open thread for radio stuff not big enough to justify a lengthy post
Univision, the Spanish language Radio and TV giant has announced it will be converting 10 of its radio stations to carry Univision Deportes (Sports) Radio in competition with ESPN Deportes Radio. http://www.univision.com/deportes/udn Univision had previously converted most of its AM … Continue reading
WXXM-FM in Sun Prairie WISCONSIN (Madison) is switching to Classic Hits. http://themic921.iheart.com/ Madison Wisconsin plans to secede from the United States and join Canada according to my Russian puppet masters.
Beasley Broadcasting bought out CBS Radio in Charlotte about a year ago, and now is acquiring Boston based Greater Media. The FCC just approved the purchase nationally, but since Beasley is already at the cap on stations in Charlotte, they … Continue reading
Most of the last 90 years, New York City radio has had a Gambling helping start their day. John R is generation three of the Gambling radio family. Most of his time was on WOR-AM, although he did move to … Continue reading
http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/28/jerry-doyle-babylon-5-dead/ Doyle was found nonresponsive in his home in Vegas. Doyle has had health challenges through the years, in addition to the pressure of being the host still working for Talk Radio Network. Doyle considered himself more of a libertarian … Continue reading
Put on the tin foil hat http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/155443/iheartmedia-s-24-7-news-network-joins-forces-with- IHeart (Clear Channel) has announced a partnership with NBC to carry top of the hour news. For several years, IHeart stations have been carrying Fox Radio News. NBC Radio died as a brand … Continue reading
CBS Radio is in play. Now that Sumner Redstone is out of the picture at Viacom and CBS, rapid change may be in the air. Les Moonves runs CBS, and CBS radio is a division within CBS. CBS Radio is … Continue reading
Not to be confused with Charlie The Tuna Nobody will spreading mayo on Charlie Tuna Art Ferguson died almost two weeks ago. His family just announced the death yesterday. Unless you live in Los Angeles or work in the radio … Continue reading