Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- Tunein has legal issues
- Alexa Bombing
- Getting Caught Up
- To Infinity and Beyond
- No need to lie
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- Fred Stiening said The past few days, I resumed listening to radio. There is not much there. Today’s announcement that iHeartRadio is acquiring Trident digital emphasizes that everything is moving to on demand podcasting. If it isn’t live, over the air radi...
- prboylan said Bottom line is that ERCOT was not allowed to temporarily exceed ANY Federal Emission limits so as to meet the expected increased demand, until it had shown that all other options (including negotiating power buys from utilities in other states on the...
- prboylan said A very sad day. We knew it was coming, but hoped for a miracle- as we always do when someone receives a terminal prognosis. End of an era? I hope not, but as the baby boomers age out it will be very hard to attract any critical thinking audience f...
- Parrott said Hey Guys, well, I agree ‘RebelSansClue’ end of an era is understatement . I listened to Rush first time in late summer 88, at lunch break in my truck at work, WFIR, sometimes taking a lite power-nap of 20 minutes . I drifted away...
- RebelSansClue said Amen. The king is dead. Long live the king.
- RebelSansClue said I know it’s trite, but it’s really the end of an era. There will never be another like him. I’m grateful to have been an off and on listener of his show since 1992. Obviously, we knew this day was coming, but it’s still shocki...
- fhiggins said RIP Rush
- Fred Stiening said Thanks for pointing that out. The author, Paul Farhi, is a DC based financial and entertainment reporter for the Washington Post news syndicate.. He talked to all of the usual suspects. Of course, Rush Limbaugh is not going to talk to him for obvio...
- fhiggins said Article about the decline of conservative talk radio and your comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-is-ailing-and-so-is-the-conservative-talk-radio-industry/ar-BB1dwZaj
- Fred Stiening said This is going nowhere. He started with a 5-minute filler as if he was still a slave to a hourly clock. Then we had another 5 minutes of unfocused talk about the weather. How is a truck driver on the road supposed to listen to a streaming YouTube show...
- Fred Stiening said Steve Sommers is now live streaming on YouTube https://youtu.be/3Q3xqMzc3R0
- fhiggins said Buffet’s are done
Category Archives: SiriusXM
Yes, as of Monday. Typically, the local partner of Ramsey in a city arranges the local radio affiliation, making it worthwhile for the station. Ramsey going National is undercutting those relationships. If he frequently touts SiriusXM, local stations will become … Continue reading
CNN coverage Glenn’s program crossed over the line last week when guest Brad Thor sort of encouraged someone to maybe assassinate Donald Trump. It went far enough in the Glenn Beck “I’m not saying this, but” way – Glenn’s slimy … Continue reading
The Man who believed he would live forever – and needed to make no succession plans for CBS or Viacom is gone. In recent days, shareholders filed lawsuits claiming that Sumner Redstone was being paid to do a job that … Continue reading
If Howard Stern doesn’t renew at Sirius/XM, will people stop subscribing? http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-14/howard-stern-quit-siriusxm-not-for-a-loser-podcast If you were in charge of programming and had $140 million a year freed up for different programming, who would you hire?
http://www.mikechurch.com/transcripts/what-happened-to-the-mike-church-show-click-here-to-find-out/ While this directory is mainly focused on Terrestrial Radio, Mike Church is well enough known from Sirius/XM that some people probably wonder where he went and why. His show moved to Internet Only after SiriusXM pulled the plug. I’m … Continue reading
The Copyright Royalty Board was given the authority by Congress to set the rates that streaming companies have to pay to play music. There are lots of “not very visible” ties between radio and the music business. In order to … Continue reading
By Bird, I mean the Westwood One XDS satellite. What were you thinking? This is a stunning announcement on many levels. For those of you who weren’t around or have moved on to other things, Art Bell was a pioneer. … Continue reading
SiriusXM has almost no sponsors to boycott and no FCC rules about indecent content. The 25+ million subscribers pay for the service and know what they’re buying. Recently, SiriusXM replaced their programming director who had been Mel Karmazin’s sidekick since … Continue reading